2019 Kauai pig hunt.

BudMiyamoto

Aug 8, 2018
8724D734-4D2E-4EA3-8F38-A494F182B0EE.jpegLast years pig hunt back home on Kauai. My pops is a old time dog and knife pig hunter on Kauai. His hunting partner of 30 years passed away 2 years ago and he now hunts a lot on his own. This was the first time I got to hunt with him in 4 years so it was really nice to catch a nice boar with him and my brother. This was a family bonding trip with some excitement.

Love hawaii and geeking hogs with knives...good job dude!

Now were talkin!! Spent 12 years of life on the Big island/ oahu/ kauai...great memorys...jungle pigs are a different caliber for sure...nice hog!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Awesome. Very bad ass! I would like to hear about your pop's hunting tactics.
My dad rides in on horse back most of the time. He usually runs 6-8 dogs he has 3-4 older dogs and usually 3-4 that are young and training. So he rides up any where from 3-6 hours into the valleys he hunts in. How far he goes usually depends on if the dogs stop a pig or not. He uses gps on most of his dogs. The older dogs are usually the ones who find and bay the pig while the catch dogs get there to pin it or stop it. Then when he gets there he usually grabs a back leg and ties it to a tree once the pigs tied to a tree he is done. We got to pigs before and when the pig sees us it freaks out and breaks away from the dogs and gets away. After it’s tied to the tree we flip it on it’s side and stab it in the heart or throat. It is a rush for sure.

That's next level! Freaking awesome! I hope to go one day to Hawaii and go after some Axis deer and hogs!
Yeah Hawaii is super fun to hunt with a lot of variety. You can hunt pigs, axis deer, blacktail deer, Spanish goats, feral sheep, mouflon sheep, even black buck and they are all wild every island has their own variety of animals.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu