2020 opening day for trout upper american river.

Looks great CAL! And man can't be a day on the water like that. Never fished a river for wild trout. I'm definitely missing out. Only fished stocked lakes.
Oh man you got to give it a shot, drifting bouncing row or salmon eggs it's the funniest way!!!! I chase them in some stoked lakes in the kayak it's all good times. But rock hopping and bouncing eggs is what I grew up on so always my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh man you got to give it a shot, drifting bouncing row or salmon eggs it's the funniest way!!!! I chase them in some stoked lakes in the kayak it's all good times. But rock hopping and bouncing eggs is what I grew up on so always my favorite.

Man that sounds like a blast! I love trout fishing. Joined a class in middle school called Huck Fin that took us fishing to a stocked pond..mainly joined to get outta class but ended up really loving it. Took the city bus home with a backpack full of trout after my first trip. Gotta get up north to some of those rivers and give it a shot!

Reactions: CAL'NDN
That's some great childhood memories you will never forget you were one happy kid back then sounds like. You will get up here one day and hope you do well. Bring worms split shots and some trout, steelhead or salmon roe cured and you will most likely catch fish. I save all my my skeins from them 3 fish and do a 48 hrs cure in fridge of 3×3 tbls of salt and sugar in ziplock bag flipping morning and night then put in jar and freeze for river drifting. Fire brine works too but I like my old school method I been doing for years and cheap and readily available when I get home. This is river/creeks trout crack.
47ab53a668bfc012a0899c501b5bbc8e.jpg

Nice job Chris guess from that second picture your getting back to your roots so to speak . That venison is making me hungry Bro . Tightlines Bf

Lol there are alot of exposed roots for sure.

CAL, great pictures. That river looks full and healthy. Is that water level normal for this time of the year?
btw-they look like steaks in the cast iron!!

That is deer steaks I had trout last night and it was straight fire. Um I've seen way higher at this time and lower. Good to see you moved over to SCH.

That is deer steaks I had trout last night and it was straight fire. Um I've seen way higher at this time and lower. Good to see you moved over to SCH.

We got a little saying around here Cal, pictures or it didn't happen! (Regarding the trout dinner) ;)

Lol ok trout was fire just skinned and deboned dredged and fried up in the cast. Just simple sides of canned green beans and jasmine rice what was in the house at time during this stay at home bullshit. Oh yea we can go to the store and shop where there are crowds of people hoarding but we can't go outdoors to play.
455d03df4c59e75b828a673a225d2ae0.jpg

But I only fry the lil ones there the best

Lol ok trout was fire just skinned and deboned dredged and fried up in the cast. Just simple sides of canned green beans and jasmine rice what was in the house at time during this stay at home bullshit. Oh yea we can go to the store and shop where there are crowds of people hoarding but we can't go outdoors to play.
455d03df4c59e75b828a673a225d2ae0.jpg

Looks delicious

Yea we always go up also. They are closed

This what I got from them Friday the 24th
801c92cb26f7deebdaa440ef0a46e596.jpg

Shit sorry I couldn't figure how to copy my email and post this link so I took screen shot and don't look very well on my end now.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu