2020 opening day for trout upper american river.

since my wife and I are retired we like to go in the middle of the week before the big rush starts, and the trout are generally biting good.
we enjoy the little creeks, and ponds , but mostly hit Diaz lake. don't have try to hard.
unfortunately the lakes up by Mt Whitney are closed then but we want to try it soon.

Well hopefully you guys get to enjoy your retirement trip up there soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
best fishing for trout I did when I was 17 and visited my older brother who was station at whitbey Island, him and
couple of his buddies in the Navy & I headed to the Olympic Mountains to a stream/river, fishing for trout. and hunting bear.
it was the best wild tasting trout I ever ate, Breakfast, lunch and dinner. we did Samon fishing but only Silvers were biting at the time.
trolling in a skiff through the channels. back in the late 70's good times.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Those were the good old days! I was born in 70 but remember catching trout in the late 70's hunting and fishing will never be like it once was.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
It happend again but with corn casserole tonight. Guess I need to get back out fresh out trout!!!!!!
f308450d82e8b30a54c15d48c2f7dfd7.jpg

Sure it's just basic
1 can of corn kernels
1 can of cream corn
1 cup corn meal
1 cup sour cream
6 tbls butter
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar
1 pinch salt
Dash of pepper

Mix together and bake at 350 in a greased casserole dish for 45 mins
Then pull out pit on cheese and cook a another use any brands you like.

Sure it's just basic
1 can of corn kernels
1 can of cream corn
1 cup corn meal
1 cup sour cream
6 tbls butter
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar
1 pinch salt
Dash of pepper

Mix together and bake at 350 in a greased casserole dish for 45 mins
Then pull out pit on cheese and cook a another use any brands you like.

Thanks @CAL'NDN - going to try is and ad New Mexico green chili.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Man that sure looks good! Going to give that corn casserole a try. Also gotta try frying up the trout next time looks great.
Thanks @CAL'NDN - going to try is and ad New Mexico green chili.
That would be awesome bro it's good with jalapenos to but wife can't take spicey. Yup tweak it some it's good stuff.

Yea cornmeal trout are delicious

Who we kidding anything deep fried is bomb lol. Cool it your making me hungry and I just had 3 big homemade Double tree chocolate chip cookies lol
2f1ce527b12ed533755ae2ad24dd4f2c.jpg

No I haven't buts it's great trout fishing all up that way. But that area is closed for now right.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu