2020 opening day for trout upper american river.

CAL'NDN

Apr 18, 2020
Me and my cousin got out for traditional opening day of trout , we had to hit a few different spots with some having some extreme rock hopping. The 3rd spot paid off with 9 trout in that section and one coming from the first spot. It was so nice to be out and get rewarded with some fresh trout for dinner. We used spoons, worms and eggs being the sole winner and stoked the show drifting them. Seen some Deer and some turkey and one goose came up to visit besides that we found ourselves plenty away from the unusual amount of walkers and what not for this time of year. Nothing big but a great time spent out in my second home NATURE. here a few to share until next time TIGHT LINES & STRAIGHT SHOTS TO ALL.
6cde858e77d6dd591014ceb07b166df3.jpg
2100b21640d5cc78a607e6562c83e9ed.jpg
e09cd9c685ba373cc4e7d95ee1f3cff9.jpg
099b1351314760d6f2768fd5a383129b.jpg
4571d98db9cea11e72eae0d03de44cee.jpg
99ce045f6b9f5b75fd69b3ada408fff4.jpg
06f3b804ec0cb3a12fad011ad6dfb4da.jpg
1d625fd1a6bf17d60b66a43d175d9a6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks yea it was sure nice to get out and find some.

Lmfao good times bro and thanks. Yea I would be one brute and ugly woman though

Thanks hatchet1 sure felt good but I'm not going to lie I'm tired now after hiking but definitely in a good way.

Dude no truck..
No Dice for me!! That hiking stuff is taxing! Tasty looking fish fo sho!

Reactions: CAL'NDN
That will eat up real proper. I told my cousin I'm screwed if I break a leg because wifey in a splint from shattering her ankle 2 weeks ago today!!!!!! I'm the caretaker breakfast,lunch,dinner maker and first time in 20 years of our marriage laundry and house cleaner lol!

Lmfao I actually just did 30 seconds ago. It's the least I could do good woman are hard to come by.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Sure the hell does. But dang no fresh trout I forgot I pulled out some venison steaks yesterday but either way 2 good meals in row now

The trout are packed on ice in my ice chest they will be just as good tomorrow. They been on ice from time they left the water I pack a big sling over chest with me as I'm hiking or kayaking got keep em bleed and fresh you know.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Right on! Way to get out and work the river! I got roped into building a double gate with a buddy of mine today. Nowhere near as fun!

Dang Muley you sure did get roped. But you a good friend obviously

Dang Muley you sure did get roped. But you a good friend obviously

Ahh, he's a good buddy, he'd have done it for me. I almost went with my brother to the upper Tuolumne. I'll let you know if he did any good.

Looks great CAL! And man can't be a day on the water like that. Never fished a river for wild trout. I'm definitely missing out. Only fished stocked lakes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu