2020 Plaster city 1000 Invitational-March 8th

There will be a challenge at this years shoot. THE CALIFORNIA CHALLENGE! you might have seen the milk jug challenge well we needed something that would be just ours.

so we have a 14" tall cut out of the state in ar500. You get 5 shots to hit it. This will be at the end of the day so everyone has time to get their dope right.

stickers will go to the guys that can pull it off. Maybe a special sticker for people who get it on the first shot.

Almost game time!!!!

I have the new Bergers shooting pretty good. Should be able to hit a pie plate at 100 yards.20200305_193917.jpg

Well the Plaster City went down today 25mph wind and all. The winner would have been @Aeon or @NBK but it turns out after the instant replay neither of them can be trusted to call their hits. So the cup has to go to @Lungpopper for the cold bore 1000yard 23mph crosswind hit.

Definitely worth mentioning was @BBH hammering the 1k gong like it was nothing. The boys were very impressive as well both hitting the deer target at 500yards first shot. They are really coming along, animals will not be safe over the next couple years as they continue to develop their skills.

As for me well I made some great breakfast and lunch, even though I forgot the buns. I had a blast hanging out with like minded people and doing what we love. At some point I need to build something to compete with @Aeon awesome rig.
Now I will go about cleaning the dirt and sand from everything I brought down there. I look forward to the next shoot, hopefully with much more favorable conditions.

Well the Plaster City went down today 25mph wind and all. The winner would have been @Aeon or @NBK but it turns out after the instant replay neither of them can be trusted to call their hits. So the cup has to go to @Lungpopper for the cold bore 1000yard 23mph crosswind hit.

Definitely worth mentioning was @BBH hammering the 1k gong like it was nothing. The boys were very impressive as well both hitting the deer target at 500yards first shot. They are really coming along, animals will not be safe over the next couple years as they continue to develop their skills.

As for me well I made some great breakfast and lunch, even though I forgot the buns. I had a blast hanging out with like minded people and doing what we love. At some point I need to build something to compete with @Aeon awesome rig.
Now I will go about cleaning the dirt and sand from everything I brought down there. I look forward to the next shoot, hopefully with much more favorable conditions.
Sounds like a great time had by all Drew. Wish I could have made it. Awesome that your boys are slapping steel at 500 already.

Wish I could've made it as well...Just way too much stuff this week-end (NWTF youth draw, Frank Mendenhall's COL, and the SCI dinner).

500 yds....Wow!....Can't even see that far... :clap:

good times with friends!!!!! thanks drew for the good eats!!!!

the shooting was a joke. 25+ with gusts to god only knows. So much for the 5mph noaa said we would have. The California challenge is just that a challenge. 5 shots at a target that is shaped just like the peoples republic of california. The wind today had bullets flying all over the place. corrections were meaningless and in the end we had zero hits. One got the bar hanging down about 2" high and one hit a inch to the left at the target behind it. close enough to get splatter all over. For now the challenge stands unfulfilled... till next time 20200308_080725.jpg

Good times.
Even with the wind fluctuations from 18-25 mph. We were still ringing the 1,000 yard silhouette target and the 20” round. Only had to hold about 9’ off the target.
D272A599-BFF0-42F9-9543-D2A4FCE53416.png
Aeon was the only one that had the balls to send any to the 1,250 yard target. Took a few but he taught that target a lesson.

Think I had 14' of windage at 1200 lol.

Ok, How about a rematch where you "rookie desert shooters" reconvenve later this spring during May or June when the wind dies and stop whining about condition's? Come on you can do it, step up... someone need's to claim the title and set the standard.... Lol you guys did great...

Reactions: BBH and TRICER
Way too much fun...the company doesn't get much better. We need to head back down there within the next 30 days. And for the record. @Aeon's rig doesn't count. It is like shooting in a video game.

Pretty much the rest of us all had regular simple ordinary hunting guns...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu