2020 Utah archery Deer hunt.

What a hunt ! Hardest Iv ever done. No f150 on this one boys...

Miles and elevation concluded in my personal best , first velvet and to top it off with a bow.

Every time I hit the mountains of Utah I always walk away humbled, Flat out humbled.... the mountains do things to my mind that make me think Twice about my daily complaints. There isnt a middle ground, it’s either yes or no, I will or I won’t, I quit or will make the best out of this.

Matt and i found a couple real nice Typical 160 and a 170 Bucks up real high but never could get in on them.Never could bed them.

Pulled a couple stalks on a couple Bucks on the next couple days but man the rough dry country made is dam hard to get in.

Saturday I missed a shot on my third stalk, I was below this buck and it was at least a 2:1 slope and shot right over his back.
Sunday was uneventful With a lot of time behind the glass. Monday came and my buddy had to take care of some personal Business so I was solo. I Spotted 4 bucks in a batcher group and now you will have to tune in for the shot and how it went down on the Utah Recap podcast for the details!F2B49DAC-B448-4B77-9FAC-9C976D701966.jpeg049A16F4-EE5E-40C7-8CC7-8114A914EC7A.jpegCC5C5A7C-963E-4E71-BA5D-4A4AD14187CE.jpeg1CF4C9EB-44A3-4268-BA93-D70A8A446325.jpeg7B1D0E8F-CA10-462F-899C-4010F58CEE27.jpeg5CAD393C-C849-4417-AF66-A3E0BF883DFC.jpeg

...lost me at F150....but every now and then....you gotta put a pack on and finish!! Nice job dude. Tell mama to hurry...I leave next week engaging in murder for hire!!

...lost me at F150....but every now and then....you gotta put a pack on and finish!! Nice job dude. Tell mama to hurry...I leave next week engaging in murder for hire!!

They are ready and will be dropped if in the mail in the morning.

F work I ain’t never going back! Told momma I’m pregnant and I need to be a stay at home wife. she gonna be picking up more shifts!

Reactions: HATCHET1
They are ready and will be dropped if in the mail in the morning.

F work I ain’t never going back! Told momma I’m pregnant and I need to be a stay at home wife. she gonna be picking up more shifts!
Yes sir!! Happy for you bro bro....role reversed years back....stay the course...push forward ...never waiver ...hold the line....and FINISH!!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
How are those Mountain House meals? Just picked some up for earthquake supply. Best ones?

Iv been eating them for years and I like them. Iv had a few different kinds of the past couple years and I think my go to’s moving forward are gonna be the Peak Refules.

Wow!...I shot that bird at 9,500'
Gosh dang Surprised them big thunder chickens don’t faint from the thin air!

First day at that elevation I get all loopy and start seeing dots like the first time you try to suck down some cool whip with the can NOT up side down.....

• Haha
Reactions: YETI and TRICER
What set up were you using for glassing?

I was using my GTP2 with my razor he 12x’s while up higher and walking ridges, life saver for sure! Thank you @Truduct and TricerUSA this product saved my Back!

first night In country out glassing up in to the canyons from the bottom I was using my vortex GT Pro with my 12x’s and my Razor HD spotter and phone scope.

Reactions: TRICER
Congrats on the success and to the solid hunt! Nothing tastes better than a burger and beer after a hunt like that.

Reactions: stikbrandon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu