2021 Whitetail Extravaganza (semi-live)

I missed one this morning. Screwing around on my phone, he just appeared, no time to range him, shot him for 30 and shot under him. Best one I've ever seen on this property. Saw two other shooters. 25 degrees this morning... lots of deer moving. They cut most of the corn near me this afternoon... should improve the activity. Tomorrow is the day. Ed F20211102_174225.jpg20211102_132459.jpg20211102_183221.jpg

Last edited:
I missed one this morning. Screwing around on my phone, he just appeared, no time to range him, shot him for 30 and shot under him. Best one I've ever seen on this property. Saw two other shooters. 25 degrees this morning... lots of deer moving. They cut most of the corn near me this afternoon... should improve the activity. Tomorrow is the day. Ed FView attachment 51918View attachment 51919View attachment 51920
I hate cell phones, Leave it at the bunk house !

Never stop blogging Eddie....its what keeps duckers and 16ers going!! Big buck coming your way...I promise ...I like corn!

Things have changed. They cut the corn next to where I was hunting but they were also doing some noisy work for the past 2 days... making all kinds of racket. I haven't seen a shooter for 2 days... passing does and small bucks. Foggy and wet this morning. I'm leaving here today and going down south to a big farm. Ed F16360345802477854808500436260332.jpg20211101_162901.jpg

Today was a good day... had 3 bucks come by... the two I would have shot were out of range. One of them is gonna get it...

Lined up my HVAC, plumber, electrician and roofer... with texts and phone calls... headache free.

Scored on some bitchen authentic barn wood for my trophy room. My buddies dad passed away a few years ago and he was a barn wood hoarder. Very fortunate to get it and it's gonna be a tribute to his dad. My buddy comes out to Az every January to hunt with me so he'll get to see it. Great day. Ed FView attachment 51868View attachment 51869View attachment 51870
Is that some type of scent killer on the back of the truck, asking for a friend.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Those doors are awesome definitely want them someday. I need to shoot something so I can come over and check this place out.

What would bearclaw do?..be the arrow buddy..

More power to you for sitting in a tree stand!

Ugh!
Sitting in a tree stand in the Whitey woods during the rut in November is different... but lots of fun. No climbing mountains, making stalking decisions, glassing for hours... Hunting Whitey is a different ball game. I've been fortunate to adapt to all different hunting methods... I'll even sit in a ground blind in 100°+ weather if there's a chance and that's what it takes. I guess I do draw the line in the sand on some things... anything outside Fair Chase or illegal. To each their own.

I'm at the big farm... things are looking good. And.... I'm screwing around on my phone. I told mama I'm heading home after I kill a good buck. HVAC starts Monday, windows delivered today and they load the roof on Wednesday... Ed F20211105_170048.jpg16361498649494902332787621327453.jpg

Reactions: Kellendv
I'm not criticizing, I just don't like freezing my ass off in a tree stand.....too many memories of waiting for my legs to go numb so my toes didn't feel cold!
I know all about WT rut I cut me teeth on Georgia & Michigan whitetails at 12yrs old freezing my ass off in a climber for 12 seasons.
For me early season rut messing with the big boys making mock scrapes is where it's at!

Bucks don't jump the string when they are tending a scrape they get so fired up peeing and scraping the ground and tearing up the trees.

Good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu