2022 A ZONE COUNTDOWN....

Yup...no road in this canyon..Damn it!!! Bumped a dandy on the way out...had no rifle..just the empty water bottles and camera..I hate myself most hunts...gonna uncase Molly this evening..wish me luck..

His last breathing seconds on god's green earth ...I hate pigs..he currenty resides in the cooler .

.Screenshot_20220814-213758.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hunt4lyf
I got to fire a round at a true trophy A zone buck this morning...324yds broadside...air balled it over his back....I'm in the shark tank now with the boys...they all said "there's a reason why we don't let you shoot anymore dad" along with various other degrading comments...I hate myself right now more than I ever have.. bucks like the one don't come around to often....FML,.

I got to fire a round at a true trophy A zone buck this morning...324yds broadside...air balled it over his back....I'm in the shark tank now with the boys...they all said "there's a reason why we don't let you shoot anymore dad" along with various other degrading comments...I hate myself right now more than I ever have.. bucks like the one don't come around to often....FML,.

I feel for you, I sent 7 way over the back of a beautifully symmetric 6x6 (330 class bull) last fall. I realized that I never moved my turret back to zero stop after shooting at 1100 yards the day before....I took 7 shots because I only brought 7 rounds...

Side note, I watched the bull stroll up to 230 yards and stop broadside as he ate grass in the thick oak brush. Nothing I could do but hate myself and contemplate giving up on hunting. Lol

Reactions: 180ls1 and HATCHET1
It was pretty bad dude..I'd like to think that buck will be back ..but after educating him with a fly by... It's marginal at this point...maybe when the rut kicks in last week of season..lots of hot chicks running around this year...I've got to switch properties tommorow and actually work for a week...the horror

Reactions: 180ls1
I feel for you, I sent 7 way over the back of a beautifully symmetric 6x6 (330 class bull) last fall. I realized that I never moved my turret back to zero stop after shooting at 1100 yards the day before....I took 7 shots because I only brought 7 rounds...

Side note, I watched the bull stroll up to 230 yards and stop broadside as he ate grass in the thick oak brush. Nothing I could do but hate myself and contemplate giving up on hunting. Lol
Brutal. One of those things you'll never forget.

I was on an AZ OTC deer hunt with my bow. Finally had the sneak on a limping old 3x3 that was 28" or better wide. I had my slider dialed to 73 (where the doe came out) except the buck came out at 46. I quickly slid to the stop and pin gapped my 50/60 instead of the 40/50. The shot was perfect right to left but just missed over the top. I was so pissed! Never Again! I ripped out my 20 and 60-yard pin. Now I am 30/40/50 which gets me from 0-60 without touching anything.

Reactions: JakeSCH
It was a good morning...if only the ducks and dove were flying...but non the less..a good morning....off to the skinning tree...again...uggh.

.Screenshot_20220818-094610.png

It truly was a beautiful sunrise...as Mr. jaws appeared from the manzanita...he tried to zig..but just could not zagg from the little rifle that could...KAPOOW...and yes..I had to touch it....Gross..

.Screenshot_20220818-171553.png

in front of the shoulders and behind the ear works well...

Reactions: skeet

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu