2022 tuna charter

$$$$$$$ depending on 1.5 or 2 day trip right now is running $350 thru $600. most of these trip are meals included. fish cleaning and tipping is extra. I would expect a slight price increase next season. Boats have set prices for these kind of trips and that varies for weekday and weekend. Some boats only run overnight trips on Fri. and Sat.

For those who are not familiar with Dif. types of trips. Overnight trips departs dock anywhere from8-10 pm, gets to fishing grounds usually around gray and fishes until they have to head for the barn in time to get to dock by 7 pm. 1.5 day departs same time but will fish the following day into the dark then head home, usually getting in before 6 the next day. 2 day trips, same departure and fishes the entire next day into dark. Then they may relocate or not then fish the next day until they have to head back in time to get to dock by 7 Pm +-. As of now you are required to bring you own bedding and pillow. Covid sucks.

When one charters a boat, do you have the option to ask the Captain if it looks like we are getting skunked to at least make a stop for smaller fish for tacos? When I was a total rookie I once did a trip with the guys from TOF and only a selected few caught some tuna and the rest skunked. I know it's called fishing and not catching, just a thought.... or maybe I should stick to 1/2 day boats :p

When one charters a boat, do you have the option to ask the Captain if it looks like we are getting skunked to at least make a stop for smaller fish for tacos? When I was a total rookie I once did a trip with the guys from TOF and only a selected few caught some tuna and the rest skunked. I know it's called fishing and not catching, just a thought.... or maybe I should stick to 1/2 day boats :p
Ya it’s usually all or nothing. If you are going after tuna you are going after tuna. One stop can load the boat up with 50 fish you never know.

Reactions: IVhunter

Richard,

I would like to think, if a group of guys from SCH or any other group of friends went fishing on a charter...They would share with the guys that were perhaps less fortunate in catching fish..... :blush:

If it's a punker bite the skipper will likely stick with it and get as many game fish on deck as possible. If real real slow they might opt to go get some bottom grabbers just to fill bags.. I don't mind taking a mid day break for some bottom fish but not a steady diet of it when game fish are to be had. Once a year I will go on a rock fish trip just because they are so good eating.

Last edited:
I just talked to Fishermans landing and they have left a message with Jeff Walker the new owner of the Fortune about contacting me about future charter. I had left a message at old phone number but that person is no longer associated with the boat. As soon as I hear from him with dates I will post options and go from there. I think we will go with 1.5 day trip.

Reactions: YETI and ilovesprig
I just talked to Fishermans landing and they have left a message with Jeff Walker the new owner of the Fortune about contacting me about future charter. I had left a message at old phone number but that person is no longer associated with the boat. As soon as I hear from him with dates I will post options and go from there. I think we will go with 1.5 day trip.
Wouldn’t mind July now that I am planning on AK in August but I will try and plan around whatever date you set.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu