2nd amendment win

John,

As you're aware, his hugeness is what got most of us into the world of forums...Even though, I basically had a difference of opinion than him on some subject and he can be a real horses a$$...Always figured it was just part of deal on the WWW.......... :blush:
John,

As you're aware, his hugeness is what got most of us into the world of forums...Even though, I basically had a difference of opinion than him on some subject and he can be a real horses a$$...Always figured it was just part of deal on the WWW.......... :blush:

I am clueless Steve in regards to your response. My little brain thinks your referring to Jesse. But just a guess. I was never a fan of his forum if that is who you you are talking about. SDfishing is what got me looking at forums prior to BD.

I am clueless Steve in regards to your response. My little brain thinks your referring to Jesse. But just a guess. I was never a fan of his forum if that is who you you are talking about. SDfishing is what got me looking at forums prior to BD.

Yep John....Forgot about the fishing forums....BD was after Jesse's and TOF for me....Not that it matters.

ps...Did Ed Zieralski do the SD Fishing forum?

The abortion thing is complicated.
I don't know what man could actually fully understand this issue.
I do have a problem with religious beliefs being part of law making..and I have the feeling there is some of that in the SC.

I see what you're saying...Not crazy or wrong...My response to what is being said is, 2nd Amendment is a constitutional right, and as such, the SCOUS can rule on it's legality...Abortions' are not a constitutional right, and as such, each state can decide if it's legal or not...That's the ruling, and is pretty simple, if you ask me.
A pregnancy is a unique and exclusive provider/dependent status. If it is not wanted than abortion should be allowed under the 13th which protects from involuntary servitude.

A pregnancy is a unique and exclusive provider/dependent status. If it is not wanted than abortion should be allowed under the 13th which protects from involuntary servitude.

Calling getting pregnant a part of the 13th Amendment IMO, is a stretch...There was nothing (except rape) "Involuntary" about it.,,Being enslaved or forced to be a servant is what they're saying.

"The 13th Amendment faced many challenges, but the poignant moment of its congressional passage was only the beginning of a long process to eradicate slavery in the United States – an effort that continues today in the modern anti-slavery movement".

The text of the 13th Amendment was short and direct: “Neither slave nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

If this was The Slid you guys would get two weeks vacation for mentioning R v W topic. I'm nervous just mentioning it.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Wonder what Garrrry has to say about it?

Just keep it civil and we are good to go. Vacation has been known to happen on SCH.

Reactions: TRICER
Calling getting pregnant a part of the 13th Amendment IMO, is a stretch...There was nothing (except rape) "Involuntary" about it.,,Being enslaved or forced to be a servant is what they're saying.

"The 13th Amendment faced many challenges, but the poignant moment of its congressional passage was only the beginning of a long process to eradicate slavery in the United States – an effort that continues today in the modern anti-slavery movement".

The text of the 13th Amendment was short and direct: “Neither slave nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”
Consensual sex does not equal consensual parent or pregnancy.
If a woman is not serving a growing fetus during pregnancy than she can just get rid of it at any point, right? Cause her service and care is not needed.
I'd also that making a man that expressed a desire not have a child and is unfairly denied any involvement with child forced to pay support is also involuntary servitude in some circumstances.
This is communist crap forcing parental choices on people. As people should have a choice of religion or free of religion so to should they have a choice as to weather they wish to parent at a time of their life.

I very much agree that the 13th is VERY simple.

Consensual sex does not equal consensual parent or pregnancy.
If a woman is not serving a growing fetus during pregnancy than she can just get rid of it at any point, right? Cause her service and care is not needed.
I'd also that making a man that expressed a desire not have a child and is unfairly denied any involvement with child forced to pay support is also involuntary servitude in some circumstances.
This is communist crap forcing parental choices on people. As people should have a choice of religion or free of religion so to should they have a choice as to weather they wish to parent at a time of their life.

I very much agree that the 13th is VERY simple.

You're right, abortion is very common to communist countries...Having complete control of your health care is another communist trait...In fact, in China they can MAKE you have an abortion, if you want one or not...But hey, health care is free in communist countries...How far are we from this?

Again, I don't have a dog in this abortion fight...I am only commenting on what the SCOUS decided constitutionally...Which I agree with, that it's a state decision.

Congress has had 50 years to codify this debate and they didn't do sh&t. This was never a constitutional right and no rights have been taken away. They have just been transferred to the states which is where should reside. Time for our polititians to get off there ass and do what they were elected to do. TERM LIMITS

Congress has had 50 years to codify this debate and they didn't do sh&t. This was never a constitutional right and no rights have been taken away. They have just been transferred to the states which is where should reside. Time for our polititians to get off there ass and do what they were elected to do. TERM LIMITS

Mike,

Couldn't agree more....Term limits....:angery:

You're right, abortion is very common to communist countries...Having complete control of your health care is another communist trait...In fact, in China they can MAKE you have an abortion, if you want one or not...But hey, health care is free in communist countries...How far are we from this?

Again, I don't have a dog in this abortion fight...I am only commenting on what the SCOUS decided constitutionally...Which I agree with, that it's a state decision.
Forcing you to have or to not have is still forcing you.
The idea that it is a states decision over and individuals is despicable and gross. Everybody snivels at how the state is overstepping it's bounds when they want you to put on a mask or stay out of the forest but oh forcing somebody to have a child is ok god help the girls that have a tubal pregnancy in some garbage state that decides on no exemptions.

Reactions: sportyg
I'm in the middle on this, no matter what it should be legal for both rape & incest. As for the rest I don't really care one way or the other. I also think it should not be up to the Fed or state gov. It should be up to the individuals involved both the woman & man together. That said how does this fall under the 2nd amendment? Which this post was about.

Forcing you to have or to not have is still forcing you.
The idea that it is a states decision over and individuals is despicable and gross. Everybody snivels at how the state is overstepping it's bounds when they want you to put on a mask or stay out of the forest but oh forcing somebody to have a child is ok god help the girls that have a tubal pregnancy in some garbage state that decides on no exemptions.
You're right, the govt telling someone what to do with their body is wrong. Do you know what else is clearly wrong? Killing a child. Sometimes you're at a place where there is no good choice left which is what we see here. This is why it's so important to address these issues and take personal responsibility before it reaches such a level.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu