2nd Tags

Robert,

It's been the trend since after the 2003 Cedar fire...Same 3,000 tags, and not any more hunters than before....There's also the fact you're allowed two "16" tags.
Okay, so par for the course....
I can look it up, but anyone have the harvest reports over that same period?
Just data curious is all.
Thanks.

Quality of bucks and just the shear quanity of deer in that zone drives the tag surge up, im thinking they gonna need to increase the tag quota just to keep up with the demand...i love D16! I love reading about all the D16 antics even more!!

Reactions: Kellendv
Robert,

It's been the trend since after the 2003 Cedar fire...Same 3,000 tags, and not any more hunters than before....There's also the fact you're allowed two "16" tags.
Ya they need to change it.
Make it so you can only buy a 2nd tag if you killed a buck last year. ;)
You know that way there’s proof that you may actually be in need of a second tag.

Then again it may just be about money

I guess there are two ways of looking at that right?
Tags sell out to those that are not successfully harvesting or even hunting.
That is good for the hunters that are participating, no?
Less pressure, less harvest more opportunity?
Active hunters are not going to miss the draw/tag opportunities.
2018 stats per the 2019 CA Big Game Hunting Digest

ZONE / HUNTEST % HARVESTTOTAL TAGSEST HARVESTTOTAL BUCKS REPORTED
A22
9%
D16
13%
G13
26%

Why do you think it’s lame? They aren’t hard to get if you’re paying attention.
Well it's like this . And what LP said.
Reminds me of when I started at jr college. If you didn't sign up right away or didn't have seniority.
You couldn't get the class you needed. It was filled up fast.
So at the start of college, all the parking was filled up. It was tough just driving into college.

But the 1/3 through college about 1/2 the students would drop out.
And not follow through finishing the class. And this happened every year.
1/2 through the year I could park any where. And the classes were half empty..
Same happens with hunting. Tags sell out. Plenty of road hunters like Hatchet. Lol, just kidding hatchet.
Putter out. Give up, you see hunters hunt only the morning then go home for lunch. And that's all they catch.
Some get lucky like you. Lol.
No just kidding. Lol

Reminds me of when I started at jr college. If you didn't sign up right away or didn't have seniority.
So at the start of college, all the parking was filled up. It was tough just driving into college.

Same happens with hunting. Tags sell out. Plenty of road hunters like Hatchet. Lol, just kidding hatchet.
Putter out. Give up, you see hunters hunt only the morning then go home for lunch. And that's all they catch.
No just kidding. Lol

Lee. I read this and only one thing comes to mind.
“That to be successful at anything you have to work harder than your competition”

No just kidding. Lol

Ok.... well all those people that don’t try hard keep the success rate down and the low success rate is why we have a 3,000 tag allotment. If we had a bunch of killers in the field and a higher success rate we wouldn’t have 3,000 tags and they’d be harder to get. If you know of “serious” hunters that aren’t getting a tag it’s only because they weren’t paying attention. They’re OTC.

Ok.... well all those people that don’t try hard keep the success rate down and the low success rate is why we have a 3,000 tag allotment. If we had a bunch of killers in the field and a higher success rate we wouldn’t have 3,000 tags and they’d be harder to get. If you know of “serious” hunters that aren’t getting a tag it’s only because they weren’t paying attention. They’re OTC.
No you missed the point.

To many try the easy way out.
THATS ME!! im beginning to get a rash with the thought of actually having to start to put my gear together for the season as it starts for Me this Saturday and will run thru December..thats a lot of gas ..Uggh!!! We anticipate another year pushing 100% success...praying for those lives that are about to be lost....

Last edited:
THATS ME!! im beginning to get a rash with the thought of actually having to start to put my gear together for the season as it starts for Me this Saturday and will run thru December..thats a lot of gas ..Uggh!!!
LoL,
You old bugger. You always take the smart way.. lol. Not the easy way.
Which is not the same.

Reactions: HATCHET1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu