4 days of dove shootin'

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hunted MCC property all 4 days and moved around as birds got thinner...Opener was great with old friends Glen, Mike, Robert, and SIL Jacob...Limits of mourners all around.

The 2nd morning, I took out Otto (Matic)...He got his 1st limit...We were done at 10:00 am.

Jacob and I on day 3...Doves in the morning and archery deer later...Have I mentioned it was really hot!

This morning was a solo hunt and was done at 8:00 am.

Leave for Montana Saturday...So this was a good warm-up for their upland and early waterfowl seasons.... :blush:

.IMG_6295.JPGIMG_6284.JPGIMG_6291.JPGIMG_6311.JPGIMG_6312.JPGIMG_6318.JPGIMG_6319.JPGIMG_6321.JPG

Way to go Steve. Does MCC plant and cut fields for dove hunting?

Way to go Steve. Does MCC plant and cut fields for dove hunting?

Kevin,

No...It's cattle country...So, with the grasses kept low...The growth of turkey mullion (dove weed) is very prevalent...Nothing eats it and it produces a small black seed...They love it.

The other thing MCC has is water....Cattle drinkers, ponds, and streams

.1662379047712.png

Great job Steve! How do you like the size of those little breasts after shooting euros? Lol!

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu