6.5 PRC. Does anyone run one?

The 280AI is an easier feeding Round than the saum and you can get more in the mag. I am glad I went that route over the saum.

7mm RM is a very hard round to beat.

Not to mention there is a football field of room in the magazine (at least in a standard box 8^)). And the 280AI is a ballistic twin to the 7 SAUM. Same powder capacity too. I am fan.

Reactions: TRICER
i like 280ai a lot!!

But I have a mental bias towards a 300 WM vs a 7 Rem Mag. I like more diameter!

375 RUM is on the list…

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
It amazes me that Remington doesn't revisit the 7 SAUM.

At the end of the day through, pound for pound the 7mm Rem Mag is the biggest bang for the buck.
Me too John, You know what I own. Its been around forever and you can find ammo almost anywhere you go. It absolutley hammers anything in north America it hits properly. Both you and I have downed many animals with it. I am a performance enthuiast when it comes to big game rounds. I read, look and listen and ask myself if any of the stuff coming out in the past ten to twenty years does a better job than the 7 Rem mag or the 25-06 I already own. Honestly I just don't see that anything does much better. From my perspective most folks are trying to reach longer and maybe that's where the difference might be. Personally 400 yards is where I feel good at putting a hole in an animal. Maybe when I have time I'll push that limit and that may make the difference. I have shot cow elk with a 25-06 at 200 to 300 with a 115 Nosler and they all fell over within a few steps not to mention all the pigs which I would'nt be able to put a number on Just sayin... My only vice now is to own a .257 Waerherby, See where I'm coming from ?

a
We should start a thread on cartridge debate. Always fun!
It's already started, This could go on until we are all dead and the next genertion comes in to play. Reach back in history and the .280 Ross, 30-06, .270, 300 H&H as well as the .35 Whelan as the are where we are still . Then move onto the 300 Win mag, then the .338 Win mag and somewhere along the way the 375 H&H then the 458 Win mag or Lott. Oh don't forget the 30-30 or the 45-70. Anyone want to argue with those and what they can do or done ? Oh yea I forgot the .243.. Sorry I forgot the pistol calibers as we know -357, 10,mm or .44 special or Magnum along with the 454 Cassull or .50 S&W. Am I missing anything ?

Reactions: popeyoung13
a

It's already started, This could go on until we are all dead and the next genertion comes in to play. Reach back in history and the .280 Ross, 30-06, .270, 300 H&H as well as the .35 Whelan as the are where we are still . Then move onto the 300 Win mag, then the .338 Win mag and somewhere along the way the 375 H&H then the 458 Win mag or Lott. Oh don't forget the 30-30 or the 45-70. Anyone want to argue with those and what they can do or done ? Oh yea I forgot the .243.. Sorry I forgot the pistol calibers as we know -357, 10,mm or .44 special or Magnum along with the 454 Cassull or .50 S&W. Am I missing anything ?

You may want to repost in the cartridge debate that was started.

Me too John, You know what I own. Its been around forever and you can find ammo almost anywhere you go. It absolutley hammers anything in north America it hits properly. Both you and I have downed many animals with it. I am a performance enthuiast when it comes to big game rounds. I read, look and listen and ask myself if any of the stuff coming out in the past ten to twenty years does a better job than the 7 Rem mag or the 25-06 I already own. Honestly I just don't see that anything does much better. From my perspective most folks are trying to reach longer and maybe that's where the difference might be. Personally 400 yards is where I feel good at putting a hole in an animal. Maybe when I have time I'll push that limit and that may make the difference. I have shot cow elk with a 25-06 at 200 to 300 with a 115 Nosler and they all fell over within a few steps not to mention all the pigs which I would'nt be able to put a number on Just sayin... My only vice now is to own a .257 Waerherby, See where I'm coming from ?
That's somewhat why I had a hard time committing to this purchase. My .270 has just served me so well on everything from coyotes to elk. She is just a little long in the tooth and having a spare rifle when you're 1000 miles from home is a good thing.

Reactions: popeyoung13
That's somewhat why I had a hard time committing to this purchase. My .270 has just served me so well on everything from coyotes to elk. She is just a little long in the tooth and having a spare rifle when you're 1000 miles from home is a good thing.

270 is a beast. Just ask Jack O'Conner.

50 year bowhunter. Built a custom 6,5 prc. Gun stands with rcbs benches. Stupid easy. Killed whitetails @965 yards. Ruined me to ever pick up a firearm. Havent gun hunted in 5 years, doubt i ever will again but all good for those that enjoy it.

Post a photo if you have one. Everyone here loves cool photos!
To the dude saying i had coyote dens on my Wisconsin property? These are really big coyotes. And just google jan. 1975 outdoor life cover. My .270 working.

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 27
To the dude saying i had coyote dens on my Wisconsin property? These are really big coyotes. And just google jan. 1975 outdoor life cover. My .270 working.
And now.. I'm going to have nightmares..What big teeth they have!!!! Eeek!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig and NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu