A cold morning hunt !

O.C. Huntress

You watch the kids! I'm going hunting!
Feb 4, 2011
We went out on Saturday morning. Jim and I usually take turns watching the kids and hunting, but my Mom was in town to see the kids so I talked Jim into giving up his morning hunt and coming with me to shoot video. With all the rain last week the river was extra high and fast. Our regular spot to cross is a big log jam. I slipped and fell on a log then bounced into the river with my gear. I managed to keep my bow and range finder dry. If I was by myself I may have just turned around and went home, but I didn’t let on. Jim fished out some gear out of the water down stream and we continued to the stand. The truck said it was 43 degrees when we got out. With wet clothes it felt more like 43 below. We saw a doe, but she had two fawns with her. By 10:00 I thought hypothermia was setting in. I took off my boots and stuck my feet into sock-hats with some hand warmers. So 10:30 we packed up and headed out. I now have a huge bruise on my leg. I didn’t aim the trail camera correctly the last time I changed the cards so no pictures this week. Here are a few pictures from our freezing hunt in the double stand.

Attachments

• DSC04423.JPG
    DSC04423.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC04424.JPG
    DSC04424.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC04425.JPG
    DSC04425.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC04460.JPG
    DSC04460.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 98
Damn Tashla you are beating yourself up, after what Jim just put on the ground I expect you to beat him out this year with a better buck, good hunting and stay dry.

I wish my wife would have your spirit.... did you record anything cool besides your landing you may want to share?
Good luck next time...

After last weekends problems you're bound to have an exciting hunt next time out OCHuntress. That is one heck of a bruise. Hope its feeling better?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu