A few pix from this weeks deer hunts

Marcelo the reason y they see so many bucks is that there hunting in private or in clubs I guarantee you that is 10x harder to find bucks in public land do to the pressure of all the hunters .

I must be a brutal hunter than cause I’ve hunted 20 days for deer this year on MCC and still haven’t been able to connect...

Awesome pics...makes me a bit jealous that you guys get to see so many bucks, but again, I am on my first season. Lots to learn still...all in all, Im happy with my experience so far. I learned a lot.

Marcelo,

Keep at it. Our local public land holds plenty of bucks (especially this time of the year). It’s just a matter of putting in lots of time and boots on the ground. The more you’re out in the woods or on a mountain glassing the higher your odds. A big part of it is right place right time. Bucks cover a lot of ground this time of the year. If you keep after them it will pay off.

I must be a brutal hunter than cause I’ve hunted 20 days for deer this year on MCC and still haven’t been able to connect...
Deer guy I am pretty sure u have seen forkies left and right on MCc I know it not easy any we’re u go but I do know that I have put in miles and it won’t compare to the number of game u guys see in MCC

Deer guy I am pretty sure u have seen forkies left and right on MCc I know it not easy any we’re u go but I do know that I have put in miles and it won’t compare to the number of game u guys see in MCC

We do see forkies but certainly not left and right. When we do see forkies it’s no different than seeing a doe cause we can’t shoot them anyway. The deer numbers on mcc are good but I have spots on public with similar deer numbers. Also a lot of the bucks that Ilovesprig posts are not mcc bucks. Many of them are bucks on private land that we can’t hunt.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Watching these two right now, waiting for the buck to show...450 yards

Watched those two chew cud for two hours with no show from a buck so I hiked out. I decided to spend the afternoon at one of my other spots since I have been overfocused at my first spot. I spotted 5 doe, a spike, and a fork & horn between 2:30 & 4. All were over 1000 yards away. Enjoying the new 15x

Watched those two chew cud for two hours with no show from a buck so I hiked out. I decided to spend the afternoon at one of my other spots since I have been overfocused at my first spot. I spotted 5 doe, a spike, and a fork & horn between 2:30 & 4. All were over 1000 yards away. Enjoying the new 15x
Game Changers!

Marcelo,

Keep at it. Our local public land holds plenty of bucks (especially this time of the year). It’s just a matter of putting in lots of time and boots on the ground. The more you’re out in the woods or on a mountain glassing the higher your odds. A big part of it is right place right time. Bucks cover a lot of ground this time of the year. If you keep after them it will pay off.

Very true... I did put a lot of time this season. I think that If I knew what I now know at the beginning of the season I believe I'd have connected with a buck, unfortunately I had no time to scout prior to the season start because I was out working nearly the whole summer. I was out on the forest but not where I could hunt.
Come next season I will be much better prepared at the opening.

Josh is correct. The more you hike the more deer you will see.
After a while it becomes natural instinct. The deal is go deep.
Away from the crowd. Walk the ridges look across adjacent mountains. Scouting is a big help.
Because it saves time locating deer. But I have done it, by being patient. I saw two forkys and several doe. A little luck is helpful.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu