A GOOD DAY KILLING KILLERS

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Topbuck and I went down to the desert to do a little calling called five in total. killed three.

Attachments

• IMG_3236.JPG
    IMG_3236.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_3249.JPG
    IMG_3249.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3243.JPG
    IMG_3243.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 267
Great job guys and great pics, went out quail hunting yesterday and me and my son got into them pretty good. You can tell they had been hammered pretty hard based on the way they where flying but a good day in all. I want to get after these yote's after quail is over.

Invisible man said:
Good job guys.Is it leagal to use electronic calling devises in Ca.?
Yes....Spot lights too. Are you ready to join the club?

Invisible man said:
Yep.I have a Rem 700 I need to set up.But it might be to big for the dog smack down.What are you guys shooting?

Doug just about any caliber will work,but the 22 calibers are the best.My favorite is the 22-250 by far.
I have killed coyotes with
222, 223, 22-250, 22 cheetah, 243, 257 roberts, 6.5-06 imp, even a 7 mag, 12 gauge.
If you can hit them they are not hard to put down.

Doug - any deer/elk rifle will work just fine. Whatever you have less rim-fire. I was hunting with my friend Jeff (Justmygame) this past season a watched him shoot a yote with his 7 Rem mag at about 200 yards. It was spectacular!

Attachments

• P1060060.JPG
    P1060060.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
I couldn't agree more with you guys, I have killed some w/ a 22 LR and a 17HMR (both are to small), 99% of them I have taken with a 22-250. Since your in to NASTY kill shots NBK I had to post this one, this was my 1st yote ever shot, some 28 years ago in Mc Cain Valley with a Rem.22-250 that I still have.

Attachments

• Head shot.png
    Head shot.png
    632.1 KB · Views: 264
Well maybe you guys can take me with and let me check it out.I have a 17HMR,30-06,and 7ml mag,but im always looking for a reason to NEED another rifle.Know what I mean? ::)

TopBuck said:
this was my 1st yote ever shot, some 28 years ago in Mc Cain Valley with a Rem.22-250 that I still have.

Does it still smell? ;D ;D

Well Doug, if you are going to start out fresh - I recommend the .223 Rem. it's an awesome yote round!

Invisible man said:
Well maybe you guys can take me with and let me check it out.I have a 17HMR,30-06,and 7ml mag,but im always looking for a reason to NEED another rifle.Know what I mean? ::)
You can go with anytime,I have two 22-250s you can sport one until you pick something out. There is a gun auction in Lakeside Sunday.

We can load up some 125 ballistic tips for the 06 and get you started. I load those up for SDarchery and he has killed allot of dogs with that load.

"maybe you guys can take me with and let me check it out"
Are you ready for your next ADDICTION

NBK said:
TopBuck said:
this was my 1st yote ever shot, some 28 years ago in Mc Cain Valley with a Rem.22-250 that I still have.

Does it still smell? ;D ;D

Well Doug, if you are going to start out fresh - I recommend the .223 Rem. it's an awesome yote round!
The rifle John...funny LOL! You know what I would recommend Doug.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu