A Zone Hunting Ojai

RamVan7

Dec 16, 2018
Good Afternoon Group,

Has anyone tried hunting Ojai Zone A? Any other suggestions in Zone A?

With all the burn that happened that way two years ago and the rain it got last year it's only going to get better over the next few years. I work with the Ojai valley land conservancy every year putting on rattlesnake aversion training and they tell me the land is coming back big time. Put in the work scouting and trail cam wise and you should be able to get in front of some good deer. P.S. Nothing is free and its steep terrain so you will have to work for it.

Reactions: sportyg and RamVan7
We,,ve been known to hammer that Azone pretty good for the last 35 years or so...every now and then we get lucky and get one...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn here and there...we,ve changed hotels to the Hyatt regency Now as it is closer to our DZone properties which opened today for archery. ..as for the 33 above ojai...make sure you are on the corect side of the highway if you are AZone hunting...thats all i got.

Thank you, we did some hiking (approx 10 mil ) and yes. It was tuff. But we saw some promissing signs of deer. So we will continue to scout the area.

Reactions: ilovesprig
We,,ve been known to hammer that Azone pretty good for the last 35 years or so...every now and then we get lucky and get one...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn here and there...we,ve changed hotels to the Hyatt regency Now as it is closer to our DZone properties which opened today for archery. ..as for the 33 above ojai...make sure you are on the corect side of the highway if you are AZone hunting...thats all i got.
We did have to back trail. We crossed into D zone. thanks to technology it helped us.

So I grabbed an A32 tag, so looks like I'll be in Ojai. I've been up there a few times, but not necessarily to hunt. I'm gonna try and scout it in a couple weeks, just to figure out access areas. I'm assuming LPNF is fair game and the northwest side of the 33. Anyone else considering or have a tag for that area looking to partner up?

I like that it's a late season tag, Nov 14 - Dec 6, so rut may be going on. Hoping to find a deer that's dumber than me and walks into the path of my arrow...

Hiked about four miles in, from the southeast end of Ojai valley, hiking north. Not a lot of deer sign but I mainly stayed on the forest road. I did it mainly just to check out the area for access and to scout. I may be going up there again in a few weeks, but accessing from Sespe. Any generally starting point suggestions would be appreciated. I've OnX'd the hell out of the area. Thanks

Make sure you are on the correct side of the sespe...and just keep hiking..theres a forky in that area somewhere for sure.

Sadly..this guy was no where near a road...and my good buddy Jamie decided he had to shoot him...thanks alot jaime...uggh

• Haha
Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu