A22?????????

stikbrandon said:
dang man that sucks . leave a note on his stand in a zip lock bag an say unless u want your stand thrown away take it home .

signed tree hugger

and leave the same note on your stand so if he thinks its u and looks at your stand it will have the same note.

it could work ?

Love it. I bet that would work...........

stikbrandon said:
dang man that sucks . leave a note on his stand in a zip lock bag an say unless u want your stand thrown away take it home .

signed tree hugger

and leave the same note on your stand so if he thinks its u and looks at your stand it will have the same note.

it could work ?
HMMMMM???!!!?????

Never thought of that.

There is a chance he didn't see mine, but that would be a total a$$h*le move if he didn't check the surrounding area. I always give the area a good look around, actually found a stand in a tree about 300yds to the west of me but it's on the other side of a ridge so figured that would be enough room.

The thing that pisses me off is that this guy took 30% of my shooting area out by sitting there, and I don't want him shooting my way either, even though I'm 25' up. I gotta do something, maybe I can just tag out next time I sit and that will fix my conundrum till D16.

Thanks guys.

Well some jerk!, decided to go through my trail cam, cuz when i checked it all my old pics were gone and there was only one. When he closed the camera up again the camera took a pic of him walking away :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. I just wish it wouldve took a pic of his face. But, at least he didnt steal my trail cam. After that i pulled it and took it home :mad: :mad:

josec said:
Well some jerk!, decided to go through my trail cam, cuz when i checked it all my old pics were gone and there was only one. When he closed the camera up again the camera took a pic of him walking away :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. I just wish it wouldve took a pic of his face. But, at least he didnt steal my trail cam. After that i pulled it and took it home :mad: :mad:

Did it look like he had a radio on his back? I saw two guys (that I believe were DFG) last year change into "hunting" clothing and then take off into the woods with military style radios on their backs. They weren't military and they didn't have bows...

stikbrandon said:

signed tree hugger

it could work ?

I say bummer and thats about it. Its public land. Maybe the person did or didn't check the area for other treestands. But the idea of putting a note on someone else's treestand in an attempt to get them to take it down is bullsh*t in my opinion. We are a land of kings and queens. We all feel we are entitled to something and pitch a fit when we don't get our way. Unless you have definitive proof that the person knowingly and intentionally put the treestand near yours, remind yourself that you live in the most populated state in the country and are hunting public land. There are very few "secret" spots in our local mountains...

Well the guy did have a backpack but I didn't any radio. Also, he was alone. But good point, it might could have still been a dfg warden. Who knows.:/ I'm still going to ask around if I see people hunting near me. Although most of them are either my friends or relatives, I'm going to ask people who might look like the guy in the pic although I only saw his pack.

I say bummer and thats about it. Its public land. Maybe the person did or didn't check the area for other treestands. But the idea of putting a note on someone else's treestand in an attempt to get them to take it down is bullsh*t in my opinion. We are a land of kings and queens. We all feel we are entitled to something and pitch a fit when we don't get our way. Unless you have definitive proof that the person knowingly and intentionally put the treestand near yours, remind yourself that you live in the most populated state in the country and are hunting public land. There are very few "secret" spots in our local mountains...
[/quote]

Agreed.

Ajsnack said:
But the idea of putting a note on someone else's treestand in an attempt to get them to take it down is bullsh*t in my opinion.

Someone setting up a stand 50 yards from another stand may also some relevance regarding the above quote IMO...

Even giving the guy the benefit of the doubt (maybe he does not know), he should be made aware as far as common courtesy.

NIce thing about this forum is we all have an opinion. ;)

It is what it is PUBLIC LAND. Who is to say that you would even be in your stand the day he's hunting. I know it's a bummer but that's just the way it goes in this state. I personally believe if you hang your stand in public property, it becomes public property, not to steal but I wouldn't be totally irate if someone was in my stand. Just saying.

I wasn't going on here cause I was mad, I was just bummed.
If you were out fishing do you want someone to anchor up so close to you that you could cast into their boat? How is this different?
I totally understand it's public land, in fact someone has already sat in my stand cause my bow hanger was all turned around last time I was in it, but I could care less as long as everything is still there when I want to hunt it.

I didn't touch the stand nor do I plan on touching it, I'll probably just have to get down and talk to him if he shows up, to make sure he doesn't fling an arrow my way.

boogie said:
It is what it is PUBLIC LAND. Who is to say that you would even be in your stand the day he's hunting. I know it's a bummer but that's just the way it goes in this state. I personally believe if you hang your stand in public property, it becomes public property, not to steal but I wouldn't be totally irate if someone was in my stand. Just saying.

So if you parked your car in a public place you "wouldn't be totally irate" if someone used it?????????

breacher said:
stikbrandon said:

signed tree hugger

it could work ?

Don't get your panties in a wad,
I was just reporting what happened on my last sit for A22, relaxxxxx.

So if you parked your car in a public place you "wouldn't be totally irate" if someone used it?????????

Thats a little different.
I personally have had people in my tree stand before and even had a guy sitting one once when I showed up. He was very apologetic and left. It did not bug me. Keep in mind that several people hang several stands. Maybe your neighbor saw your stand but figured it would be a good place to sit if your tree is vacant.

And I do have to say, thanks a lot captaintb it takes me 10 minutes to read your posts can't get myself to concentrate on reading looking at that ass!

It is what it is on public land, but common courtesy would be nice. I took the note leaving suggestion as a joke, but wouldn’t actually do it. It just sucks, that all. I have seen this whole discussion online before and it’s always interesting……………... So here are a few questions for you.

Stands- On public land there are more hunters than there are bucks, So…………… if there is one buck that hangs in your area, are you cool with buying a stand, spending a Saturday finding a spot, hauling the stand up the hill on your back, setting it up, just to let someone you have never met shoot the buck from your stand on a Tuesday morning when you’re hard at work earning money to pay-off your BassPro Shops Visa card you bought the stand with? If yes…….. Please share your stand location here.

Camera’s- Are camera’s left in the woods tied to a tree abandon and free for the taking? If you answered yes then, I want all my cameras back!

Truck - Is your truck that is parked on a dirt road on Public Property free game? Can others put your tailgate down, have a seat and help themselves to the ice cold drinks in the ice chest in the truck bed?

Wife - How would you feel about another man with your wife? Come on, what does is hurt, you weren’t using it, you were at work. ((sarcasm ))

Thanks Buckhunter,
Anyway, I saw it's supposed to be in the low 90's this weekend. With no moon I'm hoping the deer will be up and moving at first light and continue for a couple hours at least.
I have noticed that the deer in the area I'm hunting have been bedding at night on the east facing slopes, then feed over to the west in the morning and bed at the top of the ridges, then feed back to the east facing slope for the evening. They just work the area randomly, not using the same trails regularly, so hopefully I'll get one with horns on his head come by this weekend.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu