AI for regulation questions

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Was only a matter of time for AI to get into hunting. Here is a link that has loaded all 50 states regulations into an AI bot you can ask questions about regulations to. It has only been trained on regulations so should produce a correct answer. Try it out, they want us to try and break it with regulation questions, bag limits, seasons calibers etc.

Scout AI Bot

Reactions: AndrewSD
Lol, artificial intelligence. You can ask it things like, can i bag two bucks and a doe in d16 with a 22 caiber pistol at 9pm on nevember 16th in california. and it will refer to the state specific regs to give you an answer.

Or what can i hunt in d16 on monday, or in southern nevada next week.

Although these models are still in their early stages, i think it will make going into a new area and being within regulations no matter where in the USA you are very easy, like OnX did for maps and boundaries.

Reactions: ilovesprig
no conscious for sure, the machines wont apply ethics. But i think once it can link to your gps, tags, firearms, ammo, game cams, weather and gear it could get interesting. Add some harvest reporting, planting, collar data, plant and animal species of areas it could produce strategy also. No limit really, just has to learn.

IMO AI is the most dangerous technology that will be used to create many things that are not intended for our benefit. All you need to think about is a couple of movies in the past "Eagle Eye" "War Games" and wonder. I worked in IT prior to the invention of the PC and have seen many advances. This is very scary technology. I can only say be careful

Reactions: ilovesprig
It's designed to Hurt... ambiguous at best...up to interpretation of said computer..which has been programmed by a human...which brings us back to who is really running the show?..in CA,s case...could it be the great Gavin?...something to chew on 16ers...and let's not forget form 4473 that everyone signs when they buy there guns.. there stored in master cloud somewhere.( Used to be boxes)..Big brother knows ..oh man ...keep the blinds closed ...oh..I got an E TAG this year...yup..just pull it up on the phone. Say I did or did not kill a deer ..and BAM..AI does the rest...genius...sorta..lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu