Alberta 2024

Mark,

Jacob was able to bring home 24 specks...The 3 of us could bring home 72 darks (honkers & specks)...We're also allowed the same amount of ducks (24 each)...All must have wings on them...Which they did........... :blush:

After eating specks for 4 or 5 days, I don't want a steak anytime soon..............:joy:

ps...We do give some away after cleaning....Specks and ducks are easy....Honkers, not so much...........:D

View attachment 63021
Those tenderizers are the answer for any tough meat. I love mine. Great trip Steve.

Those tenderizers are the answer for any tough meat. I love mine. Great trip Steve.

John,

The brand I use is Jaccard...Seems to be the best...And yes, I use it on almost everything these days.............:yum

ps...After we got back from Alberta...My cousin cooked some specks on the Traeger...They were far superior cooked like steak on a basic BBQ and Montreal steak rub...........:heart:

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu