Almost got my first deer tonight

MasonP

Nov 21, 2021
So, for months I’ve been trying to just SEE a damn deer. Hours and hours spent sitting and hiking looking for any sign of movement, taking the sight of any type of sign as a total victory and tonight… tonight one of those bastards finally showed themselves…AS I SLAMMED ON MY BRAKES.

Taking the GF for Valentine’s Day dinner when a 2-3 year old doe jumps out of the bush and RIGHT in front of my car as I’m rollin’ 60+mph on this canyon road.

Can’t find them when I want to, but almost make homemade (car made?) ground vension when I’m running late for a reservation.

At least now I know one thing…there’s deer in them woods! Deer did the scouting for me.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu