Ammo Stashers

I ducked this morning....I hate myself for it..

Mama Hatch going to let you go on Christmas Day? She must be working.
Ya buddy..she is working a double overtime shift...me the thugs will leave after we sleep in Xmas morning and breakfast....she did do an awesome job packing our gear and getting the truck ready for us...she's damn lucky to have me ...

We will be bringing the Auto 5 in 20gauge/ and the BPS in 20 gauge, hell I might even pull out the 101 in 20 gauge..give her some action...there are scaled quail for days there...just hope the mule deer don't get in our way.. uggh..

Reactions: ilovesprig
We will be bringing the Auto 5 in 20gauge/ and the BPS in 20 gauge, hell I might even pull out the 101 in 20 gauge..give her some action...there are scaled quail for days there...just hope the mule deer don't get in our way.. uggh..
How do you like the BPS? How long have you had it?

One thing, to me anyway, with the 25 shell limit is that I can't carry any "cripple killers". Back in the lead shot days, I used to take out way more ammo than I needed but one thing that did come in handy was the "cripple killer" loads I'd take along. What these were were exact duplicates of the duck loads I was using at the time (2 3/4" 1 3/8 oz #5 lead shot I loaded myself) except they were filled with #8 shot. If I knocked one down that was swimming usually one round of the #8s would put them down because the pattern was so dense you couldn't fail to get a few in the bird's head. If we could carry a few more into the field now I'd try to find an equivalent non-toxic load to use for that.

Actually, you can shoot snows in some states during the special extended spring snow goose season with an extension and no plug...I also found out this year...That in the state of Montana, you are NOT required to have a plug in your shotgun for upland...Only waterfowl.
NV you can go unplugged for upland too.
I've missed plenty of opportunities due to plugs after smoking a double.

I hope he’s flying by, feet down in the decoys!
I hope he’s flying by, feet down in the decoys!
I hunted I’m Mexico for years, no plug req. my 20 ya 870 held 5 shells, shooting reclaimed shot and 7 8 oz load, many times I shot all 5 shots and 5 ducks, all with an improved cyl fixed choke. Doesn’t mean you have to shoot all 5 times. One of the guys shot a mod12 12ga with a mag ext on it , I think holding 9 shells, way to heavy for me

I did a afternoon hunt at SJ ,guys that came in had a stringer of ducks,I took there spot i got to the blind O lord spit 3.5 BBs heavy metal hulls I dont chase ducks much but do you really need BBs.you remove the 25 shells limit add in the no plug ,state refuge hunting is done.

I did a afternoon hunt at SJ ,guys that came in had a stringer of ducks,I took there spot i got to the blind O lord spit 3.5 BBs heavy metal hulls I dont chase ducks much but do you really need BBs.you remove the 25 shells limit add in the no plug ,state refuge hunting is done.
That’s funny, I picked up a 3 inch BB shell today! Even with the 25 shell limit skybusters can still strategize and pick a blind close to the truck.

I did a afternoon hunt at SJ ,guys that came in had a stringer of ducks,I took there spot i got to the blind O lord spit 3.5 BBs heavy metal hulls I dont chase ducks much but do you really need BBs.you remove the 25 shells limit add in the no plug ,state refuge hunting is do
This is the result of little mentoring, Lack of skill topped off with greed and lack of respect for your fellow hunter. There is a huge difference between pass shooting and decoy duck hunting and you have just witnessed it. I have only in my life hunted refuges outside of this state for this reason and then when the other folks played the game properly. It's a shame that it is coming to this but I'm not surprised. Its reminds me of dove hunting the valley way back when and quit when folks stepped in front of you and skybusted anything that came by. I wish all of you could have seen how it used to be when there was better respect for one another...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu