Another Fun Dove Opener 2020

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
After a slow start at dawn, things started picking up, and I was able to pound some euros. After another lull, the mournings filled in and it was a hot shoot from there on out. Odd, we saw only a couple white wings flying and shot none. Limit of mournings for both my buddy Eric and I, plus we each added a few euros (9 for me). Definitely a less crowded opener this year, but was still busy in and around Plaster City.

IMG959887.jpg

Over in Az. the white wing all but moved out. Just last Wed. They were as thick as fly. Mourned numbers were good. I spent most of my time helping my grandson with his first dove hunt. Little guy ended the morning with 11. Proud Papa. It so much fun watching him grow. 12 years old.

I hunted just north of Yuma, we got our limits but it wasn't as intense and the action wasn't as continuous as previous years. Hope all had a great time.

Over in Az. the white wing all but moved out. Just last Wed. They were as thick as fly. Mourned numbers were good. I spent most of my time helping my grandson with his first dove hunt. Little guy ended the morning with 11. Proud Papa. It so much fun watching him grow. 12 years old.

Ys sir, it rained 11-hours in Quartzsite and the White Wing Bailed...got a hand full Mourning doves were thick

Good stuff Jason, glad you guys got on them.
Opener morning was good for our motley crue as well. Not so much the 'eve of, good to see you out there though.
-Robert

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu