Another fun Sunday euro shoot

Awesome!! Glad you guys found them. How do you cook them up?
Thanks to your help Rick! We usually fillet the breasts soak them in wine for a day then wrap them with bacon and throw them in the oven for an hour. Sometime we barbeque them but usually its the oven and have them with a side of rice and some veggies. Delicious! How do you prepare yours ?

Thanks to your help Rick! We usually fillet the breasts soak them in wine for a day then wrap them with bacon and throw them in the oven for an hour. Sometime we barbeque them but usually its the oven and have them with a side of rice and some veggies. Delicious! How do you prepare yours ?

i'm not a fan of dove ;-) … well maybe it's because I never tried cooking them like you guys do, only times I've had dove was when my dad (in 1980's)would just grill them and they tasted like dirt.. lol... so that taste stayed in my mind and haven't really tried them any other way. I rather eat pheasant and quail.

i'm not a fan of dove ;-) … well maybe it's because I never tried cooking them like you guys do, only times I've had dove was when my dad (in 1980's)would just grill them and they tasted like dirt.. lol... so that taste stayed in my mind and haven't really tried them any other way. I rather eat pheasant and quail.
Here's what i did to cook the dove.
Rick, Thanks for your help to show the rope how to hunt Dove.

.IMG_6089.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2

Hence, why Rick told you about that spot...…………..:joy:

Hence, why Rick told you about that spot...…………..:joy:

I sent him in the right direction ;). .. I hope some other hunter will do the same when the day comes that I ask for directions. One day I might taste dove again, cooked the way you guys hook them up, looks really good.

No way that anyone can put a dent on the population of euros unless they let us harvest them inside city limits. But the quail and gallos need all the help they can get. I only take about 3 roosters and maybe half dzn quail and i'm set for the year.

Rick.....j/k....Although, I keep my euro spots tight to the vest....Guys that go out and shoot 500 at a setting do dent them on shootable spots....I can name a few right off the top (spots).....And it was these same kind of folks that got us kicked out of feed lots too.

Last edited:
Let's keep it positive guys. Great hunt. Let's keep hunting.

I don't think Steve is being negative...he's being real. Mismanage the resource and the land, you lose it. Steve is pushing for proper etiquette, and conservation minded hunting. Those are two positives in my book.

Reactions: Jdub760
I don't think Steve is being negative...he's being real. Mismanage the resource and the land, you lose it. Steve is pushing for proper etiquette, and conservation minded hunting. Those are two positives in my book.
No worries, let's make an other thread.
And not hijack this thread. First off this board is to post our accomplishments and help other.

No worries, let's keep hunting.
An other thread an other time.

Reactions: Loosenutswelding

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu