Another rattler

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
We'll I ran into my second rattler in 3 day this one didn't get away though after getting 6 inches from my dog i shot him in the head with a .22 pellet gun then my mom chopped his head off with a shovel I hate snakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pics or it never happened.

Probably went something like this............lol

Attachments

• turkey hunt 4-16-11 022.JPG
    turkey hunt 4-16-11 022.JPG
    966 KB · Views: 23
  • turkey hunt 4-16-11 021.JPG
    turkey hunt 4-16-11 021.JPG
    600.1 KB · Views: 15
  • turkey hunt 4-16-11 026.JPG
    turkey hunt 4-16-11 026.JPG
    867.3 KB · Views: 18
Besides being absolute killing machines when they snap, they're pretty awesome animals!

everything on this planet has a purpose. we may not like them, but there is purpose for them being here. and yes they are killing rodent machines. it's too bad they are lethal to humans & our pet dogs.
in the wild if they are not bothering anyone I live them F N alone. except
if there is danger to humans( kids, parents etc), pets & the like not. Then it's prudent to dispatch them.
I know my views are not popular ones, but we are all allowed our views even if unpopular.
OK where's my snake stew dinner. hahahaha

G,

Agree with you totally. And I think most hunters would.......When I'm in the boonies, I always let them pass ( just don't disturb). Like I said, I'm actually fascinated by them.

Attachments

• rattler 4-12-13[1].PNG
    rattler 4-12-13[1].PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
I hate those little guys. I know that they are important I know they have a right to live. I also know that for every one I see most likely there's many more I don't so.... If I'm out by my self or with some one that likes them I'll respect the other hunters wishes and not kill it. However if I'm out with my wife or kids or dog it dies faster then any one can even look at it.
A few weeks ago I took my family out for cotton tail opener. My 2 youngest just got there licence. First hunt they could shoot. We park the truck get out and start walking and in the middle of the dirt road my 12 yr old daughter yells snake then my wife yells snake, then I yell every body move and BOOM no more head. If my daughter had not said anything my wife would have stepped right on it. She did not think about looking on a road only in the bush.

uplandfam said:
I hate those little guys. I know that they are important I know they have a right to live. I also know that for every one I see most likely there's many more I don't so.... If I'm out by my self or with some one that likes them I'll respect the other hunters wishes and not kill it. However if I'm out with my wife or kids or dog it dies faster then any one can even look at it.
A few weeks ago I took my family out for cotton tail opener. My 2 youngest just got there licence. First hunt they could shoot. We park the truck get out and start walking and in the middle of the dirt road my 12 yr old daughter yells snake then my wife yells snake, then I yell every body move and BOOM no more head. If my daughter had not said anything my wife would have stepped right on it. She did not think about looking on a road only in the bush.

I am very very glad she did not get bit. and yes that's when you have do what needs to be done.
my kids & wife & my self have had close ones. just because we live next to the mountains. and it's snake country. since my kids could walk I have trained them to look on the ground. My wife has been bitten when she was a toddler. I have had numerous close calls.
I been bitten on the boots. but did not penetrate. lucky for me. I now where snake chaps,if I hike in the summer time. I really only like to hike spring fall & winter. Deer hunting the ranch I had my favorite spots. one was up high on some boulders. I was sitting there minding my own business. then I got this hair raising feeling something watching me I turn around and this F N huge Rattle snake was coming up behind me. I had no exit and this snake was being very very aggressive.
for what ever reason I was wearing my 22 LR revolver, except with bird shot. I shot F N snake because I had no way to escape hahahaha. I took home and I ate it. snake meat is great when dried & ground up as a spice. sprinkle over any food. hahaha was introduced like that by the northern mexican indians. it supposed to have medicinal properties.

One time just checking my mail I was walking from my truck to the mail box. I failed my #1 rule watch the ground. I walked right over a baby rattler. lucky for me it was still cold out and it was still lethargic. hahahaha that was F N scary.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu