Any good taxidermy shop in San Diego

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
After Lyons & O'Haver Taxidermy close i didnt know about other place to go , anyone knows other guys here in San Diego ??

Mikes good for sure, We'll miss Lyons and O'haver forever. Those guys were world class no B.S.. Didn't think it would happen so soon because Huey and Mikes son and daughter got involved in the trade and every time I was there they were busy. I'll miss them for sure but Mike last time I worked with him did a great job..

I know you are looking for San Diego but had to throw out there, The guys I use in Orange County

Living Designs Taxidermy
917 SUNSET DR
COSTA MESA CA 92627
949-645-4820

IMHO These guys are great with a pretty decent turn around time!

Hope this help.

Reactions: Hunter527
I know you are looking for San Diego but had to throw out there, The guys I use in Orange County

Living Designs Taxidermy
917 SUNSET DR
COSTA MESA CA 92627
949-645-4820

IMHO These guys are great with a pretty decent turn around time!

Hope this help.

Kurt is outstanding at Living Design...Many of my birds and fish were done by him.

Reactions: Hunter527
I know someone who dropped off a head to Mike Berry going on a year and half. Says Mike wont return his call and has not heard anything about his head from him. Anyone experience this with Mike? Strange

I know someone who dropped off a head to Mike Berry going on a year and half. Says Mike wont return his call and has not heard anything about his head from him. Anyone experience this with Mike? Strange
Did some plumbing work on Mikes house. Agreement was to trade out for taxidermist work. Took a turkey to him.
Waited the year to call him. His response was “The dog ate it”.

Mounted dead animals from my past experience's are a no go for me...... I just don't care... I'm guessing my step kids have no interest in that as well fom the animals I have shown them and thus I just keep the rack around the deer that I helped them harvest first time in there life. Nothing more... Pictues do the best for my memories and there's but to each there own....

Mike did great work for me, took him right at a year to get it done.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu