Any pheasant recommendations for Mexico?

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
I think there have been some people on here that have gone. Might be too late to try and do something this year but want to look into it.
Looking for the hunts and less so how nice the amenities or lodge or whatever are.
What are the hunts like? Are they drive hunts with multiple people or could I bring and use the dog? Can you even take your dogs down there?
How are the guns they have? Do they have enough of options somebody could use something that shoulders decent?

You should look within the NAVHDA circle of members, There were and are many that do this. Its a process but you can bring your dogs and guns to Mexico and hunt you just can't bring your harvest back courtesy of the USDA rules.

Bajahunting.com like 2k a weekend. Fully guided and pretty nice.

Diy is not possible with out a super amazing friend to show you the ropes.

Honestly for a guided hunt I would go north. Yeah we have good hunts but it's the fucking wild west and not exactly safe.

Bajahunting.com like 2k a weekend. Fully guided and pretty nice.

Diy is not possible with out a super amazing friend to show you the ropes.

Honestly for a guided hunt I would go north. Yeah we have good hunts but it's the fucking wild west and not exactly safe.
Comments being fed, you gotta wonder what is worth you're while and be safe and you just shoot stuff you cannot bring home. The cartels have ruined Mexico....

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
We wrecked Mexico, nafta and our need for drugs. They just gave us what we asked for. Cheep goods and drugs

Huntersonly.mx is who I used. I've spent maybe 15 days in the field in South Dakota and way preferred Mexicali. Close, cheaper, and mostly the birds are uneducated.

Reactions: SteveHazard
To answer the questions we were put with other people into one group. Each hunter had two bird boys to flush and find birds. Enjoyed that for sure. I think you can bring your dog but check with outfitter. Guns were ok but had some minor issues. Hunted cotton and millet fields. As mentioned the birds are uneducated and held tight or if they flushed early the would land back in the field. Huntersonly is on Facebook.

Reactions: SteveHazard

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu