Anybody do the solo stove for backpacking?

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego

Looks a little heavy but with the pot all self contained maybe a nice option. I like how you have a little camp fire with no smoke, no fuel to carry but could be a fire issue with a lot of wind or bugging out in a hurry.

When I’m out living off of my back. Most of my boiling water is done in my tent.
I really like getting out of the wind and or rain. Warming up the tent with the stove and getting a meal started all in one.
Not to say the solo wouldn’t work. I’m sure it has its place. But you would need to be out in the elements.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I've got the jetboil the titanium pocket rocket crap I just thought this may work. Maybe more a truck hunt to a day or two backpack maybe.
The real fire is what's driving me.......after 6 days in the backcountry solo, reading by campfire is a nice comfort at night.

And Wilson never complained about a campfire.....

Little to small for the truck... Would get lost with all the empty brass rolling around on the floorboard.....

Crazy talk. Lawn chair plus stove in the bed of the truck. Problem solved. Can't let it get to hot or it would damage the truck.

Reactions: HATCHET1
I have an older cheap stove that’s works ok. I will say @The joel has the jetboil
And the thing boils water crazy fast!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu