anyone DIy catalina (recently)?

TJD123

Jun 3, 2013
Looks like it is possible to do DIY, but will be a logistic nightmare. Wondering if anyone has done it DIY (not int he days when they had goats and pigs) and if they could share logistics tips! Much appreciated

Reactions: JPHunt44
I like folks that pay to play...I'm a huge fan and indulge my self ..often!! That DIY stuff seems like to much work!! Uggh!

I thought all the land was private and unhuntable unless you had private property permission or paid an outfitter

The dudes that I know who DIY it that dont have vehicles on the island tend to do some combo of Taxi and electric bike or hunt close to the gate / above & behind Avalon.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu