Archery/Turkey

Never shot one with a bow, but have been on a bunch of successful hunts with others.....They have all used standard RAGE mechanicals.

.josh's 1st bow kill 2011 009.JPG IMG_7312.JPG

Reactions: FRYEHVAC
Never shot one with a bow, but have been on a bunch of successful hunts with others.....They have all used standard RAGE mechanicals.

.View attachment 34651 View attachment 34650

FRYEHVAC,

I’ve taken a few with my bow now so here it goes...
1. Rage 2 blade 2” cutting diameter
2. I never shoot at turkeys with a bow over 20yds because the vitals are really small. After talking archery turkey hunting with professional hunter Michael Waddell he told me that this is his philosophy as well. Wounding turkeys with a bow is way too common.
3. Some people reduce their draw. I keep mine at 60lbs.
4. There are many shot placement options. I prefer to follow the leg up to where it meets the wing feathers. This will take out their hips and they won’t be able to fly.
5. Use a pop up blind and keep your decoys close.

Good luck and hope this helps!
Josh

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu