Arizona Javelina

Yo Sdhunt, would be interested in joining where/when you decide to. Been doing a lot of AZ research and since I already have my AZ license from my unsuccessful OTC archery deer hunt...
Have heard there is only 2 ways to eat those suckers though; low and slow in a ground pit (or equivalent) or 60/40 jerky. Regardless, have heard they are a fun hunt.
-Robert
With pig I am really paranoid.
I like it well cooked, I take it
Javalina would be the same.
Chicharrones or pork rinds.
Fried in fat.
My cousin (rip) he is gone.
Was really good at pit cooking.
Or what ever you call it.
Tender and well cooked.

Elk hunting sounds exciting. But not
Sure this wore out body could take it.
But ya it's n my blood. I may take it on
After a rigorous boot camp.lol.
Nothing worst than crapping out on a hike. No less carry meat out.

Good stuff!
Love me some good Pozole Verde!
I use the Hawaiian salt for seasoning any pork dish I make, including Kalua Pork/Pig.
Looks like Javelina is back on the menu..

Reactions: longbowhunter2
No javelina in AZ....save you're money and time..we do have some dove though..dove for days i tell ya!!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I use the Hawaiian salt for seasoning any pork dish I make, including Kalua Pork/Pig.

You know it Robert! Stuff is magic.
580966a500b32c049d912ae3428f83f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got some hunting friends that just moved to Payson, not far where I use to hunt quail and ugly pigs over by lake Roosevelt. Going have to make a few trips over and see if we can't get rid of a few of those god forsaken creatures. I knew a few places on the lake where we got some real nice black Crappie. Even know a few watering hole where the dove hang out ay the right time of year. I recon Hatch knows where all the dove hot spots are.

Got some hunting friends that just moved to Payson, not far where I use to hunt quail and ugly pigs over by lake Roosevelt. Going have to make a few trips over and see if we can't get rid of a few of those god forsaken creatures. I knew a few places on the lake where we got some real nice black Crappie. Even know a few watering hole where the dove hang out ay the right time of year. I recon Hatch knows where all the dove hot spots are.

John,

You know Matt is the king of dovie spots.....lol

AATD!!! (all about the dove)!!!!

I’ll be damned, that Hank Shaw recipe looks pretty good. I’ll just have to remember to bring a chef next time. Thanks for sharing

Here i come bro!!! When and where??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu