Arrow slinging accident

Ghosthunter

Jan 6, 2011
San Diego
This photo was taken on a cell phone last week after the guy took his friend
to a sporting goods store to buy his first bow. The clerk was 'assisting' him in
zeroing it in, and, after shooting several arrows, making adjustments
etc., the clerk accidentally handed him an arrow that was too short.
When he drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand and he somehow
released it. They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand
because it impaled his finger also! They are both archery amateurs (I'm
thinking the clerk is also?). I don't think the guy who got shot ever had
held a bow prior, let alone shoot one...OUCH!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 170
No way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is bad. That's why you need to go to a real pro shop.

Wow... they should not leave blind people shoot bow and arrow in that place.

Michael Pritzl said:
What gets me is that he can't let go of the bow, That must of been a seen at the hospital.

I bet they were doing 90 mph on the way to the hospital. Good thing they didn't get pulled over. The cop would draw his gun yelling drop the weapon or I'll shoot....................

Most archery accidents are self inflicted, and similar arrow accidents happen all the time.

Attachments

• Hand.jpg
    Hand.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 121
Damn that is bad, The worst part about that one is the carbon fiber has blown up inside his hand which must been a bad infection.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu