AZ bonus bull tag

I hate AZ...nothing for the juniors there..LOL!!! Get some!!

Reactions: TRICER
All I can say is I got a $650 hit on my CC from AZDFG today. Little Drew 17yo just killed a mule Deer out of state with @JakeSCH tonight man it’s been a good day.

Both boys have coues tags starting the day after thanksgiving their hunt runs right up to this bull hunt which starts Dec 1. We are gonna be in AZ for a few weeks for sure. I am hoping we get the deer down and have at least 2 days to scout the bulls before the opener. I would love to have our eyes on a few and get a plan ready. My back already hurts.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
All I can say is I got a $650 hit on my CC from AZDFG today. Little Drew 17yo just killed a mule Deer out of state with @JakeSCH tonight man it’s been a good day.

Both boys have coues tags starting the day after thanksgiving their hunt runs right up to this bull hunt which starts Dec 1. We are gonna be in AZ for a few weeks for sure. I am hoping we get the deer down and have at least 2 days to scout the bulls before the opener. I would love to have our eyes on a few and get a plan ready. My back already hurts.
Everyone wants to do it on their own but I helped a friend a few years back with a premium tag that took twelve years to draw and in the end even with us on the ground for seven days prior we covered every part of the unit and rode atv's for hours at a time to put boots on the ground and cover the unit with glass and boots. The guide was impressed with how thorough we had been but in the end he showed us a honey hole we did not see even though we had been close by and my friend scored. You should think about hiring a guide if it is a premium zone, those tag's are few and far between and won't get any easier in the future.

fredfs turkey 207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
The late bull hunts can be exhausting but rewarding dude...be prepared for weather..like cold snowing weather depending on what unit you dru..that being said..stay in the truck. With heater on...have those boys do everything..just sit or stand there and do absolutely nothing ..it works!! And enjoy the ride..

Nice! So the secret to drawing tags is to have kids? I've been doing it wrong :oops:

The late bull hunts can be exhausting but rewarding dude...be prepared for weather..like cold snowing weather depending on what unit you dru..that being said..stay in the truck. With heater on...have those boys do everything..just sit or stand there and do absolutely nothing ..it works!! And enjoy the ride..
Oh yes this is likely going to be a miserable type 2 fun experience. Late season bulls live in hell holes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu