AZ Bunny

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Day one of our youth Javelina hunt is in the books. We saw wild horses, a million cows, bighorn sheep, and a handful of mule deer including a toad buck. Like usual we saw everything except Javelina lol but we have a few more days to get it done. We are having an awesome time camping in the middle of nowhere on our public land.
Put a bunny down around sunset breaded him in bisquik and pepper, then fried him in butter over the fire. The savages loved it. Nothing better then getting out with the boys. Tomorrow’s another day looking forward to getting them on some stinkers.
052DC968-D286-45DC-9C97-1FFDADE2E4E6.jpeg23E67B45-C86E-42C9-A968-5A805CBD3EB9.jpeg6C8D9DC5-992E-416B-83E7-EDFA8FB1A6D5.jpeg6A9FCFD4-36FE-40BA-8358-5596E471EA79.jpeg194C846E-C663-4E01-89FC-28B02113D020.jpeg77D69237-933D-4129-8FCB-89B3F2C33E77.jpeg552176AC-9BE4-4F7E-8B40-F246D990F373.jpeg

Feeding patterns are jacked up right now..have been for the last few weeks pretty nocturnal....stick with it..somenody will stand up and give the rest away..

Good stuff, Glad to see pictures of kids that are more interested in the food on their plate than a screen to view. Drew, You are doing the right thing and good on you for that. Be proud of your effort's, They are important to the future of this country although your effort's may seem minor it is not, It's how we convey the future to the next generation. I had an opportunity when I married my wife in 2006 to set her kids right in their puberty (10 and 11 years old) and it is still in my mind the best accomplishment I have made in my brief stay on this earth. One became an eagle scout and the other decided it was a hill he did not want to climb but could of and he's still a good kid, What they absorbed has turned them into solid citizens and I solidly believe that is the best we can do for the next generation beyond constant contact and love with them.

Great pics and memories. Nice chunky bunny. Good luck with those javelina ghosts, they seem to have a big range. I do know that they love to munch nopal cactus, damn thorns don't bother them.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Still no pigs gonna hunt them in the morning then pack up in the afternoon. That storm you guys have been having is coming our way should get an 1” of rain and 40mph winds tomorrow night. Figure I will pass on tenting in that.
The boys are keeping entertained smacking the bunnies around. Pretty sure AZ is giving their Jack rabbits steroids.7D451CA6-BAB5-4CAB-94B2-621BE30632CF.jpeg22CE69FD-EABB-4547-B154-C7F7F39CF2C1.jpeg

Not sure what part of AZ you're in but in the southern part lives the antelope jackrabbit, which is the biggest of the species I think. Don't know enough to tell em apart though.

I've got faith you'll turn up some javs... hopefully the storm will get em moving around or something.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wow those jacks are big enough to be jack a lopes. don't get in those desert washes with the rain, best to play it safe and break camp early...
Good luck.

If I had one of those jacks in my yard I would not have to mow it! They are huge! Good luck tomorrow stay safe with that weather coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this will help.
We have friends rual area near Phoenix. The locals complain about the javalina harassing the locals. Raiding their yards.

This youth season was a tuff one for sure...i took my 3 knuckleheads off their choke chains for 2.5 days....they managed to scratch 1 out . The other 2 ate their tags....humble pie was good for them....night and day difference between the November youth season and this one...could not glass a draw without seeing ratts then...we,ll be back at it for the general hunt at the end of this this month...im getting a rash just thinking about it.....but anytime with the boys is a good time....fleeting times for sure...pretty much full circle for me now as they are 17 and think they know it all....guess im lucky they drag me along to just stand there and do absolutely nothing these days...HA!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu