Az elk and antelope

I drew another crummy point. I was applying for a cow tag, in a zone with lots of tags. I thought I had a good chance.

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to draw an OOS elk tag there? I know trophy zones are hard to get OOS, but I thought some might be easier.

I just gave up even trying and enjoy There Javelina and OTC archery deer hunts..

I understand AZ is close. But with a little more driving just head to CO. OTC bull and you can probably get a left over cow tag.

Pronghorn, head to Wyoming. If you don't care about the horns doe tags for a NR are cheap there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nicapopolis said:
I understand AZ is close. But with a little more driving just head to CO. OTC bull and you can probably get a left over cow tag.

Pronghorn, head to Wyoming. If you don't care about the horns doe tags for a NR are cheap there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good tips, thanks! I'll look into CO.

I buy an AZ licens every year so buying a point doesn't kill me for $15. I just started buying points this year wish I would have started 8 years ago since I always have a license. SDbirds buddy just drew a good elk tag with 6 points not a unit 9a but still a good unit with big bulls.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu