Az elk

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
After spending the last 3 weeks of my life guiding on the strip I'm ready to chase some bulls.This year should be incredible the elk are off to a quick start,they are already moving,wallowing and bugling,lots of big mature bulls...The unit is dry as a whole,elk are going to be bunched up and rutting hard.I'll keep you posted..heading to the woods....

We killed a 30" 190+.my hunter missed a 230+ and a week later hit a 220+ and while bloodtrail ing him it started pouring. Unfortunately we never found him.the 1st 2 pics are the bigger buck.the last 2 are the smaller 220 lol.he's a giant as well

Attachments

• IMG_3796_2.jpg
    IMG_3796_2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3713_2.jpg
    IMG_3713_2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3657_2.jpg
    IMG_3657_2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3658_2.jpg
    IMG_3658_2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 23
The horns are so big it makes the deer look abnormal. Real brush country monsters.

Well it's nice to be home!!!I've spent 45 of the last 49 days in the field hunting deer and elk.Most of which were guiding. I set a goal to shoot a 350"+bull or nothing on the tag I drew here in Az.in 14 days I passed 9 bulls up to 330 mabye 340.We found a bull on day 4 or 5 that was everything I was looking for,huge frame,big front end, big swords in the 370+ range.The winds were worse than you could ever imagine,I had the bull three times inside 40 yards with the wind in my face only to have it 180 on us and blow him out.When I finally got an opportunity to draw on him,the battery in my rangefinder died(,Murphys law I guess,I wasn't too happy about it).the bull was extremely uphill and I guessed the yardage at 80.shot over his back by a few inches and unfortunately never saw him again,Horrible rutting conditions we endured temps from 75 to over 90 for 14 days,only getting below the 40s on 3 nights,home for a few days and jumping on the Vagabond for 8 days.Life is good.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu