AZ OTC

when do the archery units reset? Aug? Jan 1st? 12 months from when they closed?

Reset is August, if the unit has an Aug season. Otherwise it resets in Dec, if Dec season, otherwise January. Some are open for all 3 (aug, dec, jan), some 2 and some 1 of those. Some will quota close a few days into Aug, some will never close.

Reactions: sportyg
I didn't realize most hunters buy a second deer tag. Do you know what % and what number harvest?
I don’t know for sure but it would be interesting to find out. I will speak on behalf of myself and I typically always get a second tag with the exception of last year ( when I only got one) because I knew I didn’t have time to hunt the first one but I get a deer tag every year with my lifetime license and big game stamp so why not, but in over 20 plus years of hunting California that’s the only year I have not got two and there has been a number of years, especially when I was younger and more willing to shoot anything that was legal that I filled both tags, now I’m more selective so it isn’t very common for me to fill two tags but I still grab two, just in case.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu