AZ OTC

when do the archery units reset? Aug? Jan 1st? 12 months from when they closed?

Reset is August, if the unit has an Aug season. Otherwise it resets in Dec, if Dec season, otherwise January. Some are open for all 3 (aug, dec, jan), some 2 and some 1 of those. Some will quota close a few days into Aug, some will never close.

I didn't realize most hunters buy a second deer tag. Do you know what % and what number harvest?
I don’t know for sure but it would be interesting to find out. I will speak on behalf of myself and I typically always get a second tag with the exception of last year ( when I only got one) because I knew I didn’t have time to hunt the first one but I get a deer tag every year with my lifetime license and big game stamp so why not, but in over 20 plus years of hunting California that’s the only year I have not got two and there has been a number of years, especially when I was younger and more willing to shoot anything that was legal that I filled both tags, now I’m more selective so it isn’t very common for me to fill two tags but I still grab two, just in case.

I like that AO tag, gets me out exploring new units and terrain every year. Between that and upland i know the unit pretty well before putting in for a general tag.

Back