AZ youth Hunt blog

Stay the course bro..AZ can be tuff...but only the tuff survive...you guys got this....Finish!!

Tell them congrats!! Your kids have officially tagged more deer than me this year! Was that one with the 308?

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
Like!! Standing by for the grip and grin..lets go..enough fluff!! Finish!

Alright I’m in town getting ice and celebratory Chik-fil-A.
day one
Got on a stud well beyond the ears with a bunch going on. Glassed him up about 1100 yds away got to 430 had him broadside feeding but I knew I could get the boy to 300. Drop back behind the ridge get to 300 looked for hours gray ghosted. That one hurt the most I love these deer.

day two
Got on a pair of bucks had 3 adults in tripods and great optics watching the last location. Got set up about 150 away cooked in the sun wind shifted and the deer busted out of bushes about 200 yards above the Bush they were supposed to be in. In the Evening I glassed up some stinkers about a mile away took the boy on a death hike got on the with minutes of light left set him up around 175 and he missed.

day 3
Got on a ton of deer first light. Got across canton 336 that was a close as possible set the boy up prone and got him rock solid. Just before he pulls the trigger on a monster spike he starts bending his knees to bed and just like in the matrix he literally dodged a bullet. I wouldn’t have believed it unless I was watching it.

today day 4
Got on a real cagey 3x first light he was in the move and kept giving us the slip. Got the 14yo in position for what I thought would be the area he would feed out and 175 to the right a fork and a doe pop up. He turns and gets on the buck he is literally shaking doesn’t zoom in the scope at all and puts one between the legs. The deer fed off like nothing happens never to be seen again. The moral is low at this point not gonna lie. We jump in the keeps to move down to another spot and all of a sudden there he is walking on a hill. I radio Jeep #2 which has the boys we leave the jeeps running and start following this buck down the wash. Once he figures out what is going on and starts to run I give him the mehhh and he stops broadside. 12yo lets it rip the deer goes 75yds and drops dead. Text book shot and his first deer is in the books. His words “this is the best day of my life”. We never should have left the Jeep @HATCHET1 is right once again.

We pack up Thursday 14yo is out right now trying to get it done. It’s not over and we will hunt until we can’t hunt anymore. These boys are well trained up at 4:30am and back to camp well after dark. Kids are great I am a blessed man.
1FF046F2-149C-4EF7-BE4F-9C17C7F9A691.jpegAEB3B99C-5218-4F05-BDCB-B82383322B2A.jpeg8164800B-9AA8-475B-85D0-C3CF337670D2.jpegE9B2AB4C-4DD9-4AB7-BAC8-929817B18895.jpegD1F1AD42-FD40-4104-9A42-4939448B49DE.jpeg206983DA-A98D-47CE-BE9A-3FEB0D2A60C5.jpeg5F4F6C9B-0F9C-40F1-A348-70192DC8BACC.jpeg9B582625-2373-4906-AD48-9A7CB95B1C07.jpeg48A16F8E-0AC9-41C7-98CF-F95D1266C7AB.jpeg

Im jus sayin...love them roads!!! And whiteys!! Great job!! Any mulebucks spottedin your area? Or is it all about the white guy?

Your in a good spot dude...I wouldn’t leave either...we hunted 5 days in the low stuff for mulebuck only..saw 100 does..2 legal bucks..1 spike and 1 3 point the boy lost..tuff hunt for us..stay the course..boy 14 gonna smack one im feeling the mojo..FINISH!

Reactions: JakeSCH
Nice job DAD. Thanks for taking us along on the trip.
CONGRATS to the boy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu