Backyard buck !

Thats not even funny, I hope that deer breeds a bunch of bucks that head east. You drive and hunt your ass off and this buck is just a few miles from my house.

Obviously he's not in any of our back yards.....That's a wally for sure!

Lungpopper said:
That's what I'm looking for to have a chance against TA

You know you're gonna smoke everyone in the club LP.

Love seeing that grey muzzle on a SD buck! Anybody recognize the scenery in the background? Maybe he strays onto legal turf occasionally?

Love the question: "not sure what kind of deer this is?" Ahhh, a what'da ya thik .... a reindeer? Geez! And these are the people that are allowed to vote on wildlife issues in Kalifornia's general elections? Enjoy that hunting while it last boys.

BTW- I think that buck isn't any different than any of the other bucks we kill in the D16, genetically speaking. They just don't get the chance to get as big as him because they aren't old enough. I bet he's a 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 year old. Ever go on a long want on the Cuyamacha State Park early or late? There's bigger bucks than him running around there right now.

There are more of those type bucks out there than you think. I have seen bigger models on Otay Mountain. Most of the time if not all of the time these bigger guys are 100% nocturnal (no big news flash)

We know of an area where the bucks live in thick cotton fields and come out in the late night to eat other agriculture only to go right back into the cotton. The only way you know they are there is by the prints between the fields. Most of the time they do not use the same entrance and exit areas. Long term survival is an amazing driver for some of these animals.

That is a gorgeous buck nonetheless

Yes he is.

I'm thinking that's Fallbrook, Valley Center or possibly Olivenhein in the background there. The trees look very familiar. That's legal in there too. Maybe we do a search on where Loyd lives and bribe one of his neighbors to give us access?

teachanother said:
Yes he is.

I'm thinking that's Fallbrook, Valley Center or possibly Olivenhein in the background there. The trees look very familiar. That's legal in there too. Maybe we do a search on where Loyd lives and bribe one of his neighbors to give us access?

I know where he lives, about 2 miles up hill from me, it's in Lakeside like the article says.

That would be the last buck I would shoot though, Fish and Game would be on me like a Hobo on a hot dog!!!

I think the article said it was in Lakeside. Thats a really nice buck but there are much bigger bucks than
that in San Diego County.

TopBuck said:
teachanother said:
Yes he is.

I know where he lives, about 2 miles up hill from me, it's in Lakeside like the article says.

That would be the last buck I would shoot though, Fish and Game would be on me like a Hobo on a hot dog!!!

Opps, missed that. Must be too tired from all the hours in the tree stands this passed week.

Okay, so its in Lakeside. He's bound to cross into legal archery land at some point. Might be worth a peak for the sneaky bow hunter type.

Smokin' buck for sure! It only takes a few clicks to find out EXACTLY where that picture was taken...all of the necessary information is there. :eek: (I was surprised to see Ed give out so much info in the article)

I live in Lakeside and I have a big hill behind my house.
My wife read this article and asked why I spend $3000 a season on gas to drive up the hill when we can just take the fence down in our back yard?!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu