Bad Water possible algea reported at San Jac

A Team

Nov 11, 2019
Just a question I do not have any insight other than a client sending copied facebook posts . Supposedly a dog died after hunting San Jac , supposdley the water has been test and it was bad . However the cause of death has not been confirmed.

At the end of the day I error on the side of caution , I notified my clients who are hunting San Jac to leve their pups at home until the place has been given a clean bill of health.

As stated in the beginning of the thread , all second hand informatio but I did not see this posted anywhere else.

I was out there today...Tom talked about the area (Mystic #2)…Is this algae some kind of new phenomena or what...Trigger has drank every kind of water in his 10 years...Never been sick.

This goes for all my other labs too...The $hit water includes the New & Alamo Rivers.

Not a new phenomena , and the red algea is more previlant up north , our dogs do drink and work in all types of water its our job to minimize the risk and red algea is a risk.

And there is not a bird worth putting my dog in the New or Alamo river , those are all yours Steve , go get em !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu