Banzai Run to the IV....6-9-16

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Didn't get out to the Val until almost 7:00 am....Just started driving around in a good area and saw some promising fields (corn, melons, wheat)....Sure enough the euros were going in (along with mourning & white-wing).....Not fast & furious as is the norm when hunting in such a wide open area, but pretty consistent.....Spinners worked well on the young birds (just like mallard ducks).

ps.....The weather was great with cloud cover & good breeze.....Hardly broke a sweat before 10:00 am.....lol

pss....I even saw a rooster!!!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 32
Re: Bonsai Run to the IV....6-9-16

Nice job. Leave some for me. I'm convinced I'm planning my trip with my grandaughter mid week just after the 4th. Hopefully all my spots that I know about are producing.

Thanks for the post.

Nice work Steve.. tailgate full o' euros! I've been itchin for a euro run. Saw a few in Rancho Cucamonga today.
c4a53e5ac752dacfe2f95699f418a0a9.jpg

2dogs1name said:
What's the cooking plan? A few bacon wrapped I'm sure...

Yep.....I've tried other ways, but bacon wrapped with cream cheese, jalapenos, or water chestnuts still my favorite.

Steve,

have you ever tried dove stroganoff????

trust me its worth a try

you may never use beef again, just fillet the meat from the bones, dust with seasoned flour, brown in a little butter, and then proceed as normal

I swear its better than using fillet mignon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu