Be Careful Out There Bikers

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Happen to see this yesterday....Also on the radio yesterday, was a biker down with injuries after hitting a deer on Palomar (the deer died)....Pretty common occurrence here in east county.

.010.JPG

Last edited:
Poor little guy..prolly could have been a little forky next year for a d16er to harvest someday..
RiP little fella.....god speed

Those both look fresh enough. I'd at least take it home and inspect. That's free money kept in your pocket from food expenses.

Reactions: JLerch
I could have sworn somebody just posted up something that they changed that... or are currently in the process of changing that. Might not have been on this site.

Reactions: YETI and TRICER
A friend of mine died after hitting a buck while motorcycling on Ortega Highway from Elsinore to San Juan. What’s worse, his wife was following in a car and saw the whole thing. Biking is great but so dangerous.

Larry did....way to much to untangle with Larry...and his 380...that thread is long gone sadly...it was legendary..

that has actually changed. You can now take road kill deer for meat, there is a reporting process. But no fees.
have not seen anything from our beloved fish and game here in calif to say they started the program to keep it. The bill they passed just said they could start it.
anyone got a link??????

Don't think its legal to take road kill yet.....I know what your talking about but i read the CDFW has to first develop a program for this. Don't believe they have yet. Anyone have any more info

Last edited:
pick it up and take it to the "Road Kill Cafe" to have it prepared for dinner. Except for possum

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu