******* BE ON THE LOOK OUT *******

Birdhunter37

Sep 25, 2019
I HATE THIEVES !!!!!!!

Had my toy hauler broken into yesterday afternoon and they stole my Polaris Ranger. The property owner was out yesterday morning flooding ponds - all was normal, came back in the afternoon to change some boards and saw my rear door wide open. My club is south of Wister on Schrimpf road. I have never had an issue in the 11 years I’ve been a member there. Most likely meth heads. Took a few items that were in the bed of the ranger ( dog hut, burlap, chairs ) and my humidor. Left all my decoys, ammo etc !! It’s a Green 2017 Polaris- with a gun rack on top. Looks brand new. If you see it, DM me. Highly doubt I’ll ever find it but thought I’d post it here. I already filed a police report.

Thanks !!

Attachments

• 75872402-ED3A-48E2-9BE7-966DA50188EC.jpeg
    75872402-ED3A-48E2-9BE7-966DA50188EC.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 60
  • C5EBFC8C-0024-4959-9360-6C7240D5860A.jpeg
    C5EBFC8C-0024-4959-9360-6C7240D5860A.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 56
  • E218389F-AA57-40CF-B02E-F21D171816EC.jpeg
    E218389F-AA57-40CF-B02E-F21D171816EC.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 57
  • 8A684A2D-F380-47EA-9DBA-D12842C11A8C.jpeg
    8A684A2D-F380-47EA-9DBA-D12842C11A8C.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 60
They stole stuff out of the truck parked next to me on Saturday at Wister. Call DFG. One of the Wardens was investigating. Not Rodney. The other one. I think Dustin

John

Might be a good idea to put up a few trail cams, although they will probably steal those, as well. NW Montana has a terrible problem with truck break-ins at trailheads and public hunting areas, all due to heroin, fentanyl, crack, meth, etc. Terrible problem almost everywhere, I suppose.

Seem to see a lot of these posts..wonder why meth heads target duck guys during duck season? What's the correlation here? Hope you catch the criminal..I hate thief's and meth heads..

Shit you guys are just NE of me. Did they hit any other stuff we have a big camp.

Shit you guys are just NE of me. Did they hit any other stuff we have a big camp.
They broke off the locks to my decoy trailer, went through it but didn’t seem to take anything. We have 2 storage containers but they didn’t mess with those. My buddy was hunting today/surveying the damage to our trailer and noticed a truck come through camp late morning. My guess is they came through camp and looked in all the trailers. We found 2 bikes left in camp, most likely what they came in on.

I’m off Sinclair next to the rive at Patos Locos. We have storage containers too one with an electric lock most of our stuff worth anything is in there. We’ve been hit during the off season but never during the season. They always break the doors on our trailers so we just take anything we don’t want stolen home and leave things unlocked in the off season.

That sucks ! Would like to catch someone in the act ! Strip em naked and duct tape em to one of the light poles in the Check Station. Will keep an eye out when out chasing quail, dove and pheasant !

Reactions: duck-boy
This is really disturbing to hear. I've always felt safe hunting there, figuring I left all creeps behind when I left the big city, sounds like Slab City is branching out

I don't know if you guys noticed, niland and calipatria look really bad and that's saying something. Archie's closed, buck shot is for sale, the laundry mat closed. The pink looks really bad. It ain't going well out there.

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig
Years ago, I took my "normie" brother in law dove hunting second season. He has always thought I was extreme being an avid hunter, shooter, and CCW holder. When we rolled up to Niland market and got out of the car, he turns to me somewhat timidly and says in a low voice,

"You have your gun on you, right?"

My response, "Always."

Niland has always been bad. But, the difference now is the filth know they won't be arrested. The Satanic communists that run this hellhole state have virtually legalized crime by not prosecuting it.

Last edited:
Definitely have to watch your 6 in the IV nowadays !! Has changed a lot since Grandpa & Grandma had a trailer in Bombay Beach when I was a kid; even years later when they stayed most of the fall and winter in Slab City. Back then you could leave your trailer/camper wide open and go to town in Niland or Brawley and never have to worry about your stuff being their when you got back.
Part of the increase in undesirables was the addition of the Prison; when they get out they have no money, means or family to go elsewhere. The rest are folks trying to hide from society or the Meth heads who want nothing more than enough money to get their next high. Every time we go to Niland for supplies someone always stays with the truck. I stopped carrying extra guns for fear of the truck being broke into while out in the refuge.
With that said, there are still a lot of really nice people in the IV !

Reactions: WaterDawg
We had 2 generators stolen out of our group camp at Wister sometime between duck and the snow opener. both locked and chained up.

We had 2 generators stolen out of our group camp at Wister sometime between duck and the snow opener. both locked and chained up.
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear of your loss, WTF is going on down there. Definitely going to be bringing some items in our camp home on Wednesday, just more crap to transport back and forth every trip. Kinda ruins the whole idea of having a season camp.

You will be shocked to find out how much crime is in your neighborhood. Here is a website that will send you an update for your location every day. It is better updated in Orange and LA counties than Niland.

https://spotcrime.com/

The police are understaffed, our society is more and more evil and drug addicted, and the leftists in government do not prosecute law breakers. It is the perfect storm that will only get worse.

I live in Mission Viejo. It is considered one of the safest cities in America. There are thefts and burglaries every day within my zip code. I am seeing more drug addicted bums (I refuse to use the word "homeless") on the streets.

Last edited:
I think someone in your Polaris just tried to steal from our camp site with my wife still here. Got my silosock cube before my wife scared him away. More later.

• Angry
Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu