Bear Hunt Ban

Just took all of about a minute and a half to find my two legislators in San Diego from Fish Impaler's link and copy and paste somekindofnick's letter. My senator actually had a bill "for or oppose" option when sending the email. Get on it!

Reactions: fish impaler
just sign the petition , not surprise in Ca there slowly eroding our hunting way of life here in CA

They did this in the 40's then reinstated hunting in the 50's.
When and why exactly?? If so it certainly cannot be for the same reasons or intent as this bill that has been presented. My research shows the only time hunting was suspended in California was for deer between 1917-1926 to protect the population that had fallen to very low levels as a result of unregulated hunting. Bears were classified as furbearers in 1917, there were no restrictions on how, when or how many bears could be killed until 1948. I am genuinely curious as to what you are referring to, another game animal? I would love to hear more information about this if you have it?

The difference back in the day for regulations were DFG science based...Now it's taken out of biologists hands (DFW) and has become a political football.

In the early '90's, they tried to outlaw dove hunting with zero scientific base...Trust me, they will try again, now that the states voting base is full of bleeding heart libs.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
Thank you for sharing. I signed, contributed and sent to several people. What a crock

Reactions: Koi00
...im gonna punish um extra hard this year...poor bears..

Funny, Bill Gains was was on The line and we were getting ready to hit record, bill tells us he just got off the phone with Wieners office and told us they pulled the bill.

we spoke about the bill when I hit the record button and how it was defeated for now in depth. Bill Gaines is the tip of the spear and is a wealth of knowledge !

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu