Beef bulk

I think they are saying you're getting 400lbs of beef shipped for $3600.

Holsteins are actually amazing quality beef when fed right. They can be fed high grain diets at a younger age than beef breeds and get very well marbled. Brandt Beef in the IV raises Holsteins exclusively and gets top $ from high end restaurants and BBQ competitors around the country. The dairy cattle also handle the extreme heat better out there.
Is that the one right by the road heading down to El Centro?

These kids pay a high price for their pigs and the feed they use. By the time the fair comes around they have ball park $700 into them. Most of the kids loose money or just break even at those prices.
Yep, only the kids with relatives that want to help them or top animals that go to a company that supports the program make money. My daughter teaches Ag and FFA in central CA. Those kids get big $ for everything.

Afternoon ! Anyone have a lead or contact on bulk beef ? Family looking at splitting a beef or half a beef . Looking for somewhere somewhat local. Found one in Barstow but sure would like to find something closer !
Thanks Kevin !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210816-075202_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-075202_Instagram.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks everyone for help.
We ordered our 1/2 beef thru Carrisito Ranch , Santa Ysabel, Ca.
We opted for grain finished rather than all grass fed. We don’t really like the texture or taste of all grass fed; to each his own !
Because we wanted everything vacuum sealed meat will be delivered to meat market in Chino, we pick up from there.
Will let ya know once we Bbq a steak how it tastes !!

We opted for grain finished rather than all grass fed. We don’t really like the texture or taste of all grass fed; to each his own !
Because we wanted everything vacuum sealed meat will be delivered to meat market in Chino, we pick up from there.
if I were you I would ask them to cut the steaks about 1" THICK , they seemed to cut them a little thin.
IMO

Hotingers ? I'm in Chino Hills

The rancher didn’t say; but that was my first thought. Chino is closer to us than original pick up location in Julian. Told the wife if we had to go there at least we would be able to pick up some Apple pies etc…..

We like Hottingers sausages! Never have found that many different kinds in one place, plus the people are all super nice !!

Reactions: ilovesprig
I hate pigs..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-113936-063.png
    Screenshot_20210814-113936-063.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
#3 is the game hog...I just stand there and do absolutely nothing... actually I did open a gate and coughed Abit...but it's a dry cough...I like beef also...bought a half cow here last year...worth it in my opinion if your a beefer..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu