Benelli SBE

All I know is, when duck season rolls around I won’t be reaching for some plastic gun made by Giuseppe. I’ll reach for an 870 Wingmaster, an 1100 or an old Mossy 500!

I don't have a dog in this fight (I have an a300 and a Benelli Supernova) and they, (SBE3 and a400 XP) are both better than my guns. The SBE3 doesn't feel as good in the hands to either of us. The owner has done some jerry rigging to fix the grip angle(he has tried all the shims/adjustments already) and it still doesn't feel quite right. The a400 Xtreme Plus(keep in mind it is not a regular a400) to me, feels better, swings better, and feels like the recoil system works better. I also love the oversized controls on the a400 X P. Of course, you can add those to any gun for $150 or so.

Everyone's got an opinion, I would try them both out. If I were picking between me and ilovesprig for an opinion I would go with his:laughing:
That's great info , appreciate the detail.

Are those parrots any good?
Never occurred to me to try and drop one except maybe to try and shut them up.

Reactions: TRICER
When we get done here can we talk choke tubes

The new SBE 3 comes with extended tubes...Personally, I think tubes are way over rated for most game birds...Plain lead modified for most everything except turkeys...Which I use Carlson’s and Primos Jellyhead

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu