Better pay attention fish and game commission is considering some scary shit

that a fact. All my grandkids friends call me, Mr. Santa. One of my daughters friends at work , has a four year old who is amazed the her mommy works with Santas daughter.
Love this!!

And to think this is the same women who, just a few days ago asked me to go kill a wild pig for her, She loves it.

Nobody will respect the law if they do something like that. They'll just hunt anyways. There's a limit to the BS we will all put up with I mean I pretty sure NONE of us are selling/giving/trading ammo to friends/fam in this shortage. I'm sure nobody stocks up on ammo when in NV or AZ or anything when its impossible to find stuff in state. It would be a complete disaster and probably end up doing more harm.

Read the second and third paragraph at least

Steve can you check into this ?

Is there a motion or proposal number we can reference when sending comments to our reps?
Also, what exactly were the Commission's comments in relation to CARB?
The current CARB proposal is a misguided attempt to push forward very stringent emissions requirements for vessel engines. The problem here is that the "required" tech doesn't yet exist and the cost to repower these vessels is unreasonably expensive and does not allow for subsidies from the state to complete the job. The majority of the CPFV fleet is independently owned and operated, they are family businesses that would be put out due to the costs required in order to comply with these requirements. Emissions reductions I think everyone can agree on but these new proposals are unrealistic at best. If you haven't already I encourage everyone to sign the petition in the link below.

Nobody will respect the law if they do something like that. They'll just hunt anyways. There's a limit to the BS we will all put up with I mean I pretty sure NONE of us are selling/giving/trading ammo to friends/fam in this shortage. I'm sure nobody stocks up on ammo when in NV or AZ or anything when its impossible to find stuff in state. It would be a complete disaster and probably end up doing more harm.
They have ammunition in NV and AZ?
But then since I don’t have any guns I wouldn’t know.

• Haha
Reactions: YETI and sportyg
From a post I made on another forum regarding this:

first let me say this: anti hunters have always attended the commission meetings. Having attended many, many ( in person and online), I can tell you they will always be around. Now, here is my post

https://cal-span.org/unipage/?site=cal-span&owner=CFG&date=2021-08-18

The agenda on the right of that screen allows you to move the video to the agenda item you wish to view.

The woman was Marilyn Jasper, representing the “Public Interest Coalition”. She is also President of the Humane Society of The Sierra Foothills.

You can hear her speak at around the 16 minute 40 second mark. Her request was for an Emergency hiatus due to animal stressors

Later, some hunters spoke about the value of hunters.

After Public Comments some commissioner commented and here is what some of them said:

VP Murray:

Not our goal to suppress hunting

Appreciated hunters engaged in the process.

Believe in science and engagement by hunters

Commissioner Zavaleta:

Echo Murray’s comments and appreciate hunting community being involved. To make us aware of issues.

Hunting connects people to wildlife and making lives better and we value and enshrined in our mission

Commissioner Sklar:

Also appreciated Hunter input

He said that Hunting is a minor impact, and we already look at bigger impacts (climate, fires etc) to see what those may be and we do not need an emergency regulation on that.

Item 11 starts at 1 hour, 54 min mark…or just select Item 11 from the agenda

This was mentioned by staff:
  • Next Meeting Sept 16 zoom meeting :
  • Proposed topics for next Mtg includes:
  • 6 rule makings that are updated yearly including upland game and waterfowl, Mammal hunting, fishing etc

He said there was 1 new topic for that meeting: To discuss staff’s recommendation for mammal hunting closures due to wildfires where refunds could be given - staff proposing that not enough time to work this year but wants commission to entertain 2 rules similar to what was done last year:

1. A 1-year fix
2. Give authority to Dept to deal with the closure rules going forward

KEY TAKEAWAY: BE INVOLVED. ATTEND THESE MEETINGS.

NEXT MTG SEPT 16. E mail the commission to be added to their mailing list so you see agenda ahead of the meetings and know if there is an item of concern.
http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001lLYlTIgswvICn2RVsw1wyXxfwSyy8mOqbM0UN6MKwadrBWLmlPcVPQ==

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu