Binos?

WntHnt

May 1, 2023
Going to buy a set of binos this black Friday sales. What is better for D-11, 8X42 or 10X42? Also looking for sub $300 pair, so ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

As the ladies say, bigger is always better. For that price I would look at a pair of Vortex, either Diamondbacks or Crossfires. We have a few pairs of the Diamondbacks and for the price, they have served us really well.

For D-11 I think you'll definitely want the 10s. I'd recommend getting it set up on a tripod as well. For me the tripod was a game changer, it was amazing how much more movement I can pick up when the binos are sitting perfectly still.

Reactions: WntHnt
I use the 10x50 vortex diamondbacks, i like them. I use a monopod as my trekking pole I can mount them to for stability when sitting. I beat the crap out of them and they hold up.

How does light and field of view work in 8X vs 10x for these canyons? Watched a couple videos that address this and want to hear from hunters from Southern California mountains have experienced.

10x42s all the way. For the price of $300 I would go with leupold over vortex in my opinion.

Start with 10x42 diamondbacks or buy some used Vipers.
&
•A cheap tripod (Vanguard or similar) & attach a BOG-POD Binocular Rest (Easy to also shoot off of in a pinch.)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu