Blast and Cast....SoCal Style

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got up early this morning and headed to MCC...Trigger hadn't been out since duck season...So, with a cool morning (52), I decided to take him...1st birds started showing up at dark-thirty, but my old eyes had a tough time seeing them...As it got lighter, Trigger went to work...I had forgot how nice it is to just sit there, shoot, and have your dog go get them...By 7:30, I had my 15...No birds lost.

For the afternoon, I headed for Lake Hodges with my fishing partner Jim...Pretty slow bite, but got a couple of pretty good ones in the mix...Still love SoCal.

.007.JPG013.JPG017.JPG024.JPG027.JPG

Stevo...it really is nice to just sit there..congrats on a nice day buddy

Got up early this morning and headed to MCC...Trigger hadn't been out since duck season...So, with a cool morning (52), I decided to take him...1st birds started showing up at dark-thirty, but my old eyes had a tough time seeing them...As it got lighter, Trigger went to work...I had forgot how nice it is to just sit there, shoot, and have your dog go get them...By 7:30, I had my 15...No birds lost.

For the afternoon, I headed for Lake Hodges with my fishing partner Jim...Pretty slow bite, but got a couple of pretty good ones in the mix...Still love SoCal.

.View attachment 45778View attachment 45779View attachment 45780View attachment 45781View attachment 45782
What a great day, congratulations

Bravo. Well done sir

I would have give it to bugs Bunny on the way out though. He looks tasty.

Well if the wife and I stay in California I think it's time to join MCC. For me and the kids it will be worth it. Hunting Dove quail rabbit ducks geese and bass fishing. I know what I want for Christmas this year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu